XF 1.2 Questions about the node display system

Enguerran A

Hi all,

I'm admin of a multigame team and I'm updating the forum to have something easy to read and nice to see. My main problem is that I can't create a forum per game because I'm not good in mysql and I won't be able to bridge all the forum (I don't even know if it's possible). Each game forum will contain : main categories, list of subject (forums) and then, the list of discussions. The problem here is that this main categories will be a category of my whole forum. I'm sorry but english isn't my favourite language so I'll make an example to show you what I want to get here

Battlefield 4 (Category 1)

Platform (Category 1-1)
- PC (Forum 1)
- PS3 (Forum 2)
Map (Category 2)
- map 1 (Forum 1)

Call of Duty (Category 2)

etc...

I want, in this exemple, the category 1 and all of the forums to be displayed the same as if it were discussions but I really don't know how to do that and I don't find any add-ons to do that :/

Haa, I knew that my english would be a problem ^^'
Basically, what I want having the n level to be displayed as the 1st and 2nd level. The same as creating a 3rd level.
And I'm already using your addon Nodes as tabs to get the "differents forum", it's a nice one ^^

And I don't fully understand your answer ^^'

I don't want to have subforums displayed neither with the pop-up menu nor below the forum. I want them to be considered as classic forum by xenforo if they are in a category and I want xenforo to display them like basic node. Raah, it's very hard to explain what I want to say in english ^^'

If you want them to be displayed as a normal forum, move them to the same level as the other forums, rather than as children.

Top Bottom