1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Questions about the node display system

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Enguerran A, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Enguerran A

Enguerran A Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I'm admin of a multigame team and I'm updating the forum to have something easy to read and nice to see. My main problem is that I can't create a forum per game because I'm not good in mysql and I won't be able to bridge all the forum (I don't even know if it's possible). Each game forum will contain : main categories, list of subject (forums) and then, the list of discussions. The problem here is that this main categories will be a category of my whole forum. I'm sorry but english isn't my favourite language so I'll make an example to show you what I want to get here

Battlefield 4 (Category 1)

Platform (Category 1-1)
    - PC (Forum 1)
    - PS3 (Forum 2)
    Map (Category 2)
    - map 1 (Forum 1)

Call of Duty (Category 2)

I want, in this exemple, the category 1 and all of the forums to be displayed the same as if it were discussions but I really don't know how to do that and I don't find any add-ons to do that :/
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Alfa1 likes this.
  3. Enguerran A

Haa, I knew that my english would be a problem ^^'
    Basically, what I want having the n level to be displayed as the 1st and 2nd level. The same as creating a 3rd level.
    And I'm already using your addon Nodes as tabs to get the "differents forum", it's a nice one ^^
  4. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

would this be solved by changing the depth of the forums shown? sorry I do not fully understand your request
  5. Enguerran A

And I don't fully understand your answer ^^'

I don't want to have subforums displayed neither with the pop-up menu nor below the forum. I want them to be considered as classic forum by xenforo if they are in a category and I want xenforo to display them like basic node. Raah, it's very hard to explain what I want to say in english ^^'
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you want them to be displayed as a normal forum, move them to the same level as the other forums, rather than as children.