Does the Name Fit?

TheLaw

I've got a domain that I've long wanted to use and wasn't quite sure where I was going with it. Now I think I'm going to settle it once and for all and Xenify it. Curious about opinions.

fixxer - where the community helps you fix your computer, fix your website and fix your technology...

Essentially XenForo will become the engine that drives this new fun site and just needs a cute, cool logo (I had an original concept using the XX in the name) and thought it would be a fun domain to use. Thoughts?

Nice idea. The off topic areas of most big forums are great places to get help so a whole forum devoted to "fixing" things sounds like a good idea. I like that domain name too - quite a lot of scope there. The hurdle will be getting it off the ground and getting a sufficient number of people into your community so it becomes a good place to ask for help.

Nice idea. The off topic areas of most big forums are great places to get help so a whole forum devoted to "fixing" things sounds like a good idea. I like that domain name too - quite a lot of scope there. The hurdle will be getting it off the ground and getting a sufficient number of people into your community so it becomes a good place to ask for help.
Thanks - I was trying to figure out the best approach and I think that limiting it to what we're fixing is the best way to go, choosing a niche. DIY is great but so vast and a difficult sell. I don't know anything about home repair, lol, but I do have a lot of friends in the web/tech/computer business. :)

Now it's time to get a logo done...

Top Bottom