1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the Name Fit?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TheLaw, Jul 12, 2011.

1. TheLaw

TheLaw Well-Known Member

I've got a domain that I've long wanted to use and wasn't quite sure where I was going with it. Now I think I'm going to settle it once and for all and Xenify it. Curious about opinions.

fixxer - where the community helps you fix your computer, fix your website and fix your technology...

Essentially XenForo will become the engine that drives this new fun site and just needs a cute, cool logo (I had an original concept using the XX in the name) and thought it would be a fun domain to use. Thoughts?
  2. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

Surely it would turn up better than this "Fixxer": http://fixxer.forumotion.net/ :p

For the logo...the two X's could be kinda shaped like people holding tools...I suppose that would be..."cute" :D
  3. TheLaw

TheLaw Well-Known Member

OMG... how did you find this? :D
  4. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

Nice idea. The off topic areas of most big forums are great places to get help so a whole forum devoted to "fixing" things sounds like a good idea. I like that domain name too - quite a lot of scope there. The hurdle will be getting it off the ground and getting a sufficient number of people into your community so it becomes a good place to ask for help.
  5. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

Google!! :D
  6. TheLaw

TheLaw Well-Known Member

Thanks - I was trying to figure out the best approach and I think that limiting it to what we're fixing is the best way to go, choosing a niche. DIY is great but so vast and a difficult sell. I don't know anything about home repair, lol, but I do have a lot of friends in the web/tech/computer business. :)

Now it's time to get a logo done...