• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 2.0 Does the Email functionality in XF2 support attachments?

DragonByte Tech

Sorry for not having done research into this and asking blindly, but I figured it would be best to ask now so that if the answer is "No", I can add the Suggestion thread sooner rather than later :)

I'm going to want to automatically attach pre-generated PDF invoices to "Thank you for your purchase" emails.

Thanks!

Fillip

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Not tested this, but we do expose a way to get the Swift_Message object, so it should be possible like this:
PHP:
$mail = $this->app()->mailer()->newMail()
    ->setToUser($user)
    ->setTemplate($template, $params);

$mail->getMessageObject()->attach(\Swift_Attachment::fromPath('path-to-file.pdf'));

$mail->queue();

DragonByte Tech

Not tested this, but we do expose a way to get the Swift_Message object, so it should be possible like this:
Shiny, thanks :)

I've had a quick search through the code and I don't think XF or any of its vendor modules include a way to generate PDF from HTML. I'm not sure if you did this in your Xen Product Manager add-on - if you have any experience doing this, which library would you recommend?

I believe this is an old one I've used before, not really updated it for years though: https://github.com/dompdf/dompdf

Fillip