XF 1.3 Does not redirect after creating a new thread

jmmp

Hi,

When a user clicks the submit new thread button, it takes a long time and finally the submit button appears again but does not redirect, however the thread has been published, but the user does not know because he is not redirected and presses again and so many new threads appear repeated and he does not redirect.

This happens to me only or mainly, in a subforum, of those who have more threads (25,000).

What is the cause of this problem?

Best advice would be to upgrade to v1.5.18 then see it the issue persists. The last update in the 1.3 line was four years ago and there have been many improvements.

Thank you for the suggestion, ozzy47, I'll update it soon, but I don't think that will solve this current problem.

Anyone knows why this problem occurs?

Are there any errors in the browser console or server errors when this happens? Does the same thing happen on a unmodified default style with all addons disabled? Does this happen on multiple browsers?

This sounds like an addon problem. I had this kind of issue 3-4 times and it was all because of an addon.
Don't you get any errors in your ACP?

Thank you, sbj.

I have these add-ons installed, none recently, I haven't modified anything in recent times:

Go To Top !
Nodes As Tabs
Quick Reply Preview (I have disabled this but the problem continues)
QuoteME !
--------------------

Recent data from "Server Error Logs":

Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction Yesterday a las 18:21 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction Yesterday a las 13:53 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction Friday a las 12:50 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction Friday a las 12:50 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Mysqli statement execute error : Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction Friday a las 12:33 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Mysqli statement execute error : Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction Friday a las 12:33 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction Thursday a las 23:32 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction Thursday a las 23:32 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Mysqli statement execute error : Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction Wednesday a las 22:11 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '55347-39' for key 'PRIMARY' Wednesday a las 05:58 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '55347-39' for key 'PRIMARY' Wednesday a las 05:57 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Last edited:
I will try to disable the add-ons.

I have attached a bug capture showing the browser started by this jquery: "jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4"

By the way, I see the add-thread fails after 30 seconds. I checked the server timeouts and they are much higher, although I did find one in a forum js file that is on 30:

Code:
js/xenforo/full/xenforo.js:             timeout: 30000 // 30s

I don't know if it's related.

Attachments

• fallo-add-thread.webp
    fallo-add-thread.webp
    45.2 KB · Views: 8
It is curious because the problem occurs in some forums or subforums and in others it does not, in others it does redirect fine.

There are forums with more threads than some that fail but work well, so it's not just a question of the number of threads.

I don't know why this failure occurs.

Ozzy, my level is very basic and I don't understand how to provide this information, certainly.

Why isn't it redirected after pressing the publish new thread button in certain forums? I don't know what I can do beyond version upgrade.

Any help will be appreciated.

I've checked that the redirection fails after 30 seconds. If after 30 seconds no redirection has been made, the process of redirection is stopped.

Maximum time the forum waits to publish the new threads before redirecting. If it exceeds 30, it stops, does not redirect, although the thread has been published, but the user does not know it and presses the submit button again, after 30 seconds and press again...

Is it possible to increase this limit from 30 to 60 seconds?

I'm not sure either about the time-out's, but I know there's been a couple bug fixes along the way related to unintentional double posts, one of them that was fixed with 1.3.3, which had something to do with getting duplicate posts after refreshing pages in Firefox. So it could very well be something that an update would fix.

It's hard to support a version that is four years old. The core and any addons have went through many performance updates, it could be almost anything causing the timeout. Increasing the timeout is the worst thing you could do at this point.

I understand.... I can't update at this time for several reasons.

Is there anything I can look at or check? Can be server performance? I need to do something, an idea to try something concrete.

Thank you so much for your help.

Top Bottom