1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Volunteer?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vicky, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Vicky

Vicky Active Member

I volunteer at my childrens school and recently I have started volunteering at a local nursing home. Its partly selfish of me though it makes me feel good after every visit. I love it, it is feeding my spirituality and giving back and what I love the most is the look of happiness I am able to give even if its to one person.
  2. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

3. BlackJacket

BlackJacket Well-Known Member

4. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

And what is it exactly that you do to make a person that happy if I may ask?
  5. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

<= volunteer soccer coach :)
    Vicky likes this.
  6. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

Yes, all the time. I been part of many volunteering activity in many local organization. Such as recycling, planting in local garden, or motivating children and adult to stay away from junk food. I also I volunteer in many website where I answer user's question off course if I can :)
    Vicky likes this.
  7. John

John Well-Known Member

8. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Recently started doing some volunteerin in a foundation. I'm selling my soul 5 days a week, 2 days to cleanse it :)
  9. Vicky

Vicky Active Member

I volunteer in a nursing home all I do is sit and talk to them and listen to them. You will be surprised how much just listening to a person can make them feel.

I also volunteer at my childrens school and again helping them out with projects (they are 8 year olds) praising their efforts that alone puts a smile on their faces.
    borbole likes this.
  10. Fred Sherman

Fred Sherman Well-Known Member

Not answering. Do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.
    Vicky likes this.
  11. Brad L

Brad L Well-Known Member

I've thought about it a few times :)