1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you use Quantcast for your site?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Andy.N, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Asides from Google Analytics, does anyone here use any other tracking service such as Quantcast?

I have it tracking my site since Sept of last year and it has indicated a growing traffic on our site

Here is link to my site profile http://www.quantcast.com/p-e57ROahqmvnq6
  2. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

Not really, Google Analytics does it well enough for me. How does this system track the age, income, etc? Does it actually give you a survey when someone visits your site?
  3. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Estimate based on the user's IP
  4. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I don't understand how you can guess someone's income and age by seeing an IP, technology has outdone me?
  5. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Just like every other traffic analytics service, they use cookies (zipcode, etc), data aggression analysis, etc

You would be amazed at how much detail about an internet user can be gathered.
    0xym0r0n likes this.
  6. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

IP is associated with a location, zip code which has average income salary, education level, number of people in a household, language speak, etc. You can find this based on the Census, etc.
    0xym0r0n and Blandt like this.
  7. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Big brother is watching :D

I saw some members with conspiracy theory forums :) here is the topic du jour :D
  8. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

What are the benefits of using this? :)
  9. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

I was pretty surprised how many sites use Quantcast... I don't personally use it (I don't see the upside really). But overall, 8% of all sites use it. Which is nothing compared to the 67% that use Google Analytics, but it still puts it in 2nd place as far as analytics usage.

RoldanLT likes this.
  10. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

RoldanLT likes this.
  11. dvsDave

dvsDave Well-Known Member

I use quantcast, and in fact, just got an email from them today saying that they are now using direct first-party cookies and third-party cookies, instead of just third-party cookies. They've changed the historical data to match the change in tracking methodology as well. Might be worth checking out, they say most statistics should go up!
  12. Flexin

Flexin Active Member

I use Google Analytics an and Stats Counter. I would like to try this on. Can someone point me to where I would have to place the code. I knew this but can't seem to remember where right now.

13. dvsDave

BamaStangGuy likes this.
  14. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Just an update that I no longer use it on my sites anymore. I have never got any advertisers asking about it since GA would be enough and I don't want to add extra js for little benefit.
  15. dvsDave

I use it to help me compile my media kit's statistics section more than anything else, and in that role, it's eminently useful.
  16. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Exactly. I used it to get the info I need (after having it for few months) and then removed it.
  17. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

It loads async so it isn't really a load issue. While I can't claim advertisers from it I can't claim it has impacted anything negatively. Its nice to display on my company page, if nothing else.
  18. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Mostly to prove to other businesses or other expositions that you have this much traffic for the site.

I added it to my biggest website, MW3Blog, and E3 doesn't care about how much traffic your site has gotten. ****ing ridiculous.

I even showed them the lifetime traffic numbers and they don't care. It's stupid.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013
    RoldanLT likes this.