Do you read the whole post?

Adam Howard

I've come to believe a lot of people don't read the complete post other people post, despite making lengthy post themselves. Even short post, it seems like some people skim through.

I discovered this when someone asked me for support and I had answered them in the most simplest of terms. My post was shorter than this one (maybe 4 lines). And they kept asking me the same question and I kept giving them the same answer, but I would change the wording assuming he / she just didn't understand.

It wasn't until I finally got frustrated and made the answer in large, bold font that they seemed to finally apply the fix they needed and they thanked me for pointing it out.

So when you're reading someone's reply, do you read the whole post or just quickly skim through?

Do you see this? Socially Uncensored is #1 Visit us at SociallyUncensored.eu Only people who read everything will see this

I used to type in bold font all the time. Funny thing is the people who did the most complaining or all the complaining were from the UK.

I've come to believe a lot of people don't read the complete post other people post, despite making lengthy post themselves. Even short post, it seems like some people skim through.

I discovered this when someone asked me for support and I had answered them in the most simplest of terms. My post was shorter than this one (maybe 4 lines). And they kept asking me the same question and I kept giving them the same answer, but I would change the wording assuming he / she just didn't understand.

It wasn't until I finally got frustrated and made the answer in large, bold font that they seemed to finally apply the fix they needed and they thanked me for pointing it out.

So when you're reading someone's reply, do you read the whole post or just quickly skim through?

Do you see this? Socially Uncensored is #1 Visit us at SociallyUncensored.eu Only people who read everything will see this

I know what you mean. I have noticed that as well on more than one occasion.

I tend to skim most posts, except those I reply to.

Now, if the person doesn't understand the concept of a paragraph, I just move on entirely.

blame twitter and facebook. With all the crap people have to mentally sort in their heads before reading it's not surprising that most of us skim read everything

I always read the OP's post entirely. Any lengthy novels after the first post are skimmed through. If I find something entertaining while skimming I re-read the entire post.

I write novels all the time ^_^ It explains why none of my members know what's happening. They read pictures and they read the bold. If you make everything bold they only read the first paragraph.

I'd say first 2-3 sentences are what most of my members read -.-

I think that what the Op meant is about users who ask for support. They get the answers right in front of their nose but they still keep asking. They don''t even bother to read through the posts of users who are kind enough to help them out. Hence why the OP was irritated to the point of yelling. At least that is how I see it.

I think that what the Op meant is about users who ask for support. They get the answers right in front of their nose but they still keep asking. They don''t even bother to read through the posts of users who are kind enough to help them out. Hence why the OP was irritated to the point of yelling. At least that is how I see it.
OH pfft people do that in real life all the time.

I've been in jobs that require me to answer questions on a daily basis. Currently work at a hot sauce shop and people always come in asking for a specific sauce and before I can point them in the right direction they're walking off and not paying attention to my directions. They later come back "I'm sorry, you pointed me in the wrong direction or I'm just blind." - Or you just don't follow directions very well.

I used to help troubleshoot internet, phone, and PC issues... that was always fun...
The chat conversations were hysterical... I'd definitely have to write only a step at a time.

Man I feel for you all but your not truly frustruated until you realize you have to bust out with print screens and draw huge arrows in ms paint.

Step 1 step 2 *post another pic* step 3 step 4 *makes a tutorial vid while im at it.

I skim mostly because I know that I have a ton of other posts to read. I have tried to employ KISS(Keep it simple silly) lately, however, because I realized that some of my posts became rather lengthy, albeit some of them had to be to accomplish their objective.

Man I feel for you all but your not truly frustruated until you realize you have bust out with print screens and draw huge arrows in ms paint.

Step 1 step 2 *post another pic* step 3 step 4 *makes a tutorial vid while im at it.
I'm on the verge of doing this for how to post a new thread. Or how to access the chatroom. I was thinking of renting a monkey costume for it >.> adds some lolz to it.

"So easy a monkey can do it."

Top Bottom