Do you have these features

gavpeds

Hi all i am on mybb at the moment and thinking of moving over to xenforo.

But i do need all these features.
Mobile support
Ad management
Paid subscription to view VIP area
Seo URLs and sitemap generation.

Mobile support
There is a mobile theme called XFS Stop. Official mobile support is expected in a future version. There's also Tapatalk and ForumRunner add-ons.

Link: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xfs-mobile-style.290/

Ad management
Depends exactly what features you want. There are built in templates that you can just paste ad code into. Alternatively there's an add-on called Rotating Ads which should give you more detailed ad management.

Link: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-rotating-ads.292/

Paid subscription to view VIP area
Yes, there is a feature built in called User Upgrades. This allows you to charge users for an upgrade to a different usergroup (such as a group that would grant access to a VIP area)

Link: http://xenforo.com/help/user-upgrades/

SEO URLs and sitemap generation
SEO URLs are built in. You just have to enable it and use the provided htacess template. Sitemap generation is available via an add-on from Jaxel XenUtil's and another one which solely does sitemap generation.

Link: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/sitemap-for-xenforo.67/
Link: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xenutiles-tools.104/

Oh thanks sure i read it was ipb lol so is this likely to effect the future of xenforo?

I have been playing with the demo and must say i am loving it seems really well done, couple of things, is their a way to edit/change/add to the right sidebar like recent threads etc

Also i know their is no mybb converter yet but what if i convert to phpbb then to xenforo.

Will all my data be copied over like groups, permissions, and forum permissions, posts, threads, accounts, passwords, moderators, custom groups like my VIP group?

Oh also how are plugins installed is it a case of uploading files via ftp then activating in acp?

Can or is their a way to limit guest views to say 10 then they have to register?

Thanks again for your help. ;)

It is currently not guaranteed whether it will affect the future of XenForo. However, as it stands right now the product is continuing to be developed. The best way we can support it is to continue to buy licenses and support customers on these forums.

The sidebar is just a template so yes, you can add/remove anything from it. There is also add-ons such as the Widget Framework which allow you to add the sidebar onto more pages, include new widgets or even write your own.

I believe a common tactic is for people to convert to PHP BB first and then to XenForo and I believe this is the preferred workaround. And it works. I would, as I always do with any import, create a copy of your current database first and do a test import using that. You will be able to keep your existing site running, while playing with this all on a copy of its database. And all that data you mention should be copied over no problem.

Oh thanks sure i read it was ipb lol so is this likely to effect the future of xenforo? 1st it is IB (Internet Brands) and no, it's not so much an issue as every part of the case keeps getting dismissed with prejudice.

I have been playing with the demo and must say i am loving it seems really well done, couple of things, is their a way to edit/change/add to the right sidebar like recent threads etc

Also i know their is no mybb converter yet but what if i convert to phpbb then to xenforo.

Will all my data be copied over like groups, permissions, and forum permissions, posts, threads, accounts, passwords, moderators, custom groups like my VIP group? YES

Oh also how are plugins installed is it a case of uploading files via ftp then activating in acp? Plug-ins are very easy to install, setup, and managed... YES

Nevermind the Lawsuit. That's just dirty IB business tactics which is a part of the American Business culture. Plus IB gets sued so often, I think they thought it might be a relief to sue someone else for a change.

vB sucks (don't ask) and IB is OK (it's getting better, by stealing xenforo ideas).

Going for anything other than Xenforo is just settling.

Think worst scenario: you buy today, Xenforo announces it's giving up tomorrow. The community (people already here) are going to provide bug fixes and updates themselves for the foreseeable future. Not to mention Xenforo is super stable software as it is.

Howdy

i was the first person to mention xenforo in your thread on adminzone :D

glad to see you are considering it:)
Yes defo considering it now i have had a good play. just hope i can migrate everything without loosing it and not p off all my members! Moved some forums around the other day and you would have thought the world ended.

Nevermind the Lawsuit. That's just dirty IB business tactics which is a part of the American Business culture. Plus IB gets sued so often, I think they thought it might be a relief to sue someone else for a change.

vB sucks (don't ask) and IB is OK (it's getting better, by stealing xenforo ideas).

Going for anything other than Xenforo is just settling.

Think worst scenario: you buy today, Xenforo announces it's giving up tomorrow. The community (people already here) are going to provide bug fixes and updates themselves for the foreseeable future. Not to mention Xenforo is super stable software as it is.

This is true I suppose just didn't want to move whole community then have to make another move. don't think it would go down with the members to well.

I would highly recommend doing a test import first, obviously don't do this on your live database. Copy that database first to a new one, do the conversion, then do the XenForo conversion and test it all thoroughly.

I'm sure you won't lose anything.

Top Bottom