Do you have any pets?

Thats why i avoid international pet forums. politics and pets arnt really my forte. (at least not anymore) Opinions on that subject run deep on both sides..

2 dogs
2 feretts
1 cat
1 fish
223ea9329329.jpg

Oooh I never knew this thread was around!
Well among us Cats is people as you might get from my avatar, That's the baby of the family. The pic is the first sight of her I had on a website and I totally fell in love. Drove across the country to her to the breeder's house, which was full of cats and kittens.
But as I stepped through the door there she was right in front of me looking at me just like the pic.
She was the tiniest of her litter and got bullied - they chewed her whiskers off! you can see in the pic. But they grew out and she is now over a year old and ABSOLUTELY ENORMOUS because she's a Maine.
Rhiannon November 2012.webp

She now has a beautiful set of whiskers as you see. Not a best pic as it doesn't indicate how colossal she is - and she'll go on growing for another 4 years!
Her massive strength was a bit of a problem as she's fearsomely fast and pretty ferocious too. I'm an elder, and a bit slowed down so it was a worry she'd be too much for me as she got even bigger. So when she bit me I really bashed her and growled at her. Luckily she's very intelligent and got the idea fast. She is now very very sweet with me.

Then there's Etsaana all black sleek Faery Queen lives in dark hidden places emerging for brief passionate cuddles and flies off again. Utterl;y elegant utterly fey.
Morgaina is as her name suggests my shadow never more than 3 feet away from my body. Long legged and somewhat clumsy dear Morgaina has never come to terms with growing up. Tries to wriggle inside bags and spaces far too small for her and needs much reassurance.

My son has a Siberian fluffy golden puss, Saffy. Husband has two more Siberians mother and daughter. The mother is the Matriarch of the cat clowder - that's the proper word for a clan of cats.

Sofia was our first Big Cat - Siberians, Forests, Maines and probably Scottish Wild are genetically related supersized cats very close to primitive wild cat. They were spread across the northern hemisphere by the Vikings so we call them the Viking Cats. All have superb temperamet, though we find the Maines to be fierce. Siberians are completely peaceful. All are highly dominant so having six is interesting - it's a big house or wouldn't be possible.
We've found six is a natural maximum. More than that and the cat politics get so intense and complicated that they become full time, and the cats lose interest in humans. So if you want companionship stay below six!

Top Bottom