Do you have a "main site" associated with your forums?

Do you have a "main site" associated with your forums?

• Total voters

CFMack

I have visited hundreds of XF forums over the past year, checking out styles and how admins set up their forums, to gather ideas. I have noticed that very few XF sites have a "main site" associated with their forums (I do). So I am curious who has a main site, who doesn't, and the reasons for your decision. If you do have a main site, does it help sending traffic to your forums? I'd be interested in hearing any feedback.

I'm going to assume by "main site" you are referring to a CMS of some type as a landing page and your forums a navigation link option?
I've only got one site active now (and it's not an XF site) but it does have a portal for a landing page where there is a consolidation of some info.

My forum and main site are rather new. I first started my forum at https://hobbygreenhousegrowers.org about 3 weeks ago, but when I decided to add a store to the forum (which I did only this week, so I still have a lot of products to stock it with) I added a "main" site at www.hobbygreenhousegrowers.com. Unlike this XF site, when you go to my forum, there is no HOME tab. The forum is the primary tab. The STORE tab links to my main store or main site using widgets to sell on the forum, and my main selling site has a link to my forum. Hope this all makes sense.

I'm going to assume by "main site" you are referring to a CMS of some type as a landing page and your forums a navigation link option?
Pretty much. My site is a fan base for a local amusement park. My main site features old photos of the park sorted by decades. My forums compliment the main site for us to have in-depth conversation about the park.

@MoonShadows Wow! What a beautiful site! Amazing hero image, great description, excellent C-T-A. Contact phone number in upper right. Really well done. For your forums, I'm not too big a fan of all the different shades of green, however it goes well with your niché. I do like your logo and the HGA badge. Yes, it all makes perfect sense.

For some reason, clicking on my logo (on the forums) brings visitors to the main site. I reworded my "Home" phrase to read "Main Site" on that tab. My members didn't know what "Home" was!

Top Bottom