1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Do not have permission to POST

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Servo, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Servo

Servo New Member

Hy Everyone.

I'm encountering a weird problem , Boards are showing me that I do not have permission to post a topic , I'm Super admin and I should by default have all the privileges but yet I cant post, I have check the permissions of boards and also permission of usergroup admin and both says I'm allowed to to post a topic but whenever I got to boards I just cant post anything, I have recently bought XenForo and just setting up the site but I'm unable to

Thanx for reading , any help is greatly appreciated
    Take Care
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What error do you receive when you attempt to post a thread or reply?

If you don't have permission then the new thread button or editor won't appear at all.
  3. Servo

Servo New Member

Yes it does not appear at all , that is the problem
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can use the permissions analyzer to determine why.

You likely have an incorrect permission setting somewhere, or there's an add-on involved, in which case you may need to disable them all to check.
  5. Servo

Servo New Member

Permission Analyzer? where can i find it ? and No no add ons at all as I said just set up the site , nothing added yet
  6. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Use the ACP Search (top right of the ACP) with "analyze permissions" to find it.
    Jeremy P likes this.
  7. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

The Permission Analyzer can be found at Admin CP > Users > Permissions > Analyze Permissions.

Edit: ninja'd
  8. Servo

Servo New Member

well I just deleted teh default boards and made a new category and a new forums in it and it worked wonder what was wrong with the default ones Thanx for all the support my friends please mark this topic as solved