1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Do moderators are excluded from the email bounce actions?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by imthebest, Nov 4, 2014.

1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

I have a moderator appearing multiple times in the Email Bounce Log as follows:

moderator_name | yesterday h:m | Bounce | Hard Bounce

However he is still using his *bounced* email address.

Is this normal?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Has his user state in the Admin CP been set to Bounced?

upload_2014-11-4_17-19-54.png

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yes, staff email bounces are ignored (as moving them to that state would break their ability to take staff actions).

4. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

Thanks Chris and Mike.

As a suggestion, you should maybe include an option in the ACP (unchecked by default) labeled "Include staff for the bounce processing" or something like that.

By the way how I can manually fix that? Can I change his user state to "Email invalid (bounced)" as in the screenshot posted by Chris?

5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yes you can change that manually.

6. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

are any other steps taken to address the problem?

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

No, you should contact the staff member directly (or if you really want, you can change their status manually).

8. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

but there is no notification of any kind that there is a problem. the admin cannot contact the staff member about it without being aware of the problem. meanwhile the problem will grow and can still cause a website to be blacklisted as a spammer.