1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I Upgrade xF first or addons first?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Shyuan, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

Hi,

This is my first time to upgrade xF *nervous*. Do I upgrade xF from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 first? Or do I upgrade the addons (mostly for the 1.1.4 compatibility) first?

Thank you :)

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

Oops, thank you Brogan :)

4. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Disable all addons
    Upgrade XF
    Re-enable/upgrade addons

:)

Shyuan likes this.
  5. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

Thank you :)

6. RobParker

Like Brogan said, in general it doesn't really make a difference. It's hard to "break" anything but a few addons can be more particular.

7. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

I have some Outdated Templates but I am not sure what to do with the "revert" process because I wasn't the one edited those templates. Those outdated templates are from within 3 different themes. Can anyone guide me please? Your help would be much appreciated. Thank you :)

8. RobParker

First you need to style author to release an update for 1.1.4.
    Once you upgrade to their new release, you should hopefully have less edited templates.
    The remaining edits will be ones you added yourself and the best way then is to save the current one to a file and then revert it and compare the two, re-adding any edits you need.

It'd a bit of a process and I'd recommend doing it on your test install first.