Do I need a separate website and a forum?

webMasterKurt

I am taking over a WordPress site (self hosted) that has a vBulletin forum (self hosted) on the backend. There is very little content on the Front End site, a blog, a few announcements and some ads.

I am considering upgrading to Xenforo and actually thinking I might not even need the WordPress Site. I could just host a few pages on the Xenforo based site.

Does this make sense?

It may be worth getting someone to help import the blog to a thread or article in xenForo depending on how valuable it is to you.

Any other Wordpress pages can be transferred to xenForo pages (html) or articles if you want comments/replies.

But it’s going to be simpler any way to drop the Wordpress and to install xenForo in the root

It's also trivial to make some html pages in the same web server that xenforo is running in, given that your forum is in a folder such as yoursite.com/forum/. You can have an index.html file which is shown when someone visits yoursite.com

downsides like losing existing WordPress SEO or sacrificing flexibility
Is a xenForo page necessarily worse for SEO than a Wordpress page? If you switch a page from Wordpress to xenForo, provided you keep the URL (or have a redirect), page title, description and content what might make it worse SEO?

Last edited:
Is a xenForo page necessarily worse for SEO than a Wordpress page? If you switch a page from Wordpress to xenForo, provided you keep the URL (or have a redirect), page title, description and content what might make it worse SEO?
This thread is over a year old and that poster you replied to is most likely a spammer with the content he posted.

Top Bottom