When moving hosts, do I need to reset email API?

TimWilson

I hope that this is the right forum for this, but after taking the advice from you good people to move to a dedicated server at KnownHost (today's moving day!), I realized that I don't know the implications of this for our email API, with sending currently handled by SendGrid.

It looks like the handoff is between XenForo and SendGrid, without respect to where the XF installation is sitting. That is, nobody has asked for DKIM or any other server-specific settings that I can see. Is that right?

If so, then I'm all set! But if there's something else I need to do, I'd love to know what it is!

Thanks again!

Tim
forum.ukuleleunderground.com

Last edited:
I wound up having to make a couple of changes. One is that SendGrid has a list of approved IP addresses, so I needed to add the new IP. Nothing was happening after that update, so, wondering if maybe the API key has the IP addresses hashed in there somehow, I generated a new one in SendGrid after I'd added that new IP, pasted the new API key into XF, and bada-boom, email flowing again!

The cool thing is that none of the emails had been lost during the thwarted attempts at sending through the old server, so I wound up getting a bucketload of 'em at once...but all is well again! Thanks!

Reactions: fly
Top Bottom