Do follow links for specific threads?

gavpeds

As I understand it all links in xenforo are no follow as defult? Is there anyway to set links in a specific thread do follow?

Ah OK that's a possible work around. What if a user originally posts it but then admin edits would it still be a no follow? Would admin have to do original lost for do follow?

I'm new to xenForo (about 1.5 days new). I'm getting confused by these no follow links and how/where to set them. I cannot find anything in the control panel setting these. Do I need an addon to do this? Here is what I want to do. I have 2 major Categories only. Communications & Marketplace. both are which are no post. In Communications, I have 4 forums which can be posted to. In Marketplace, I have several levels of forums (postable) and categories (not postable). To keep things simple. I want Communications and everything below it, followable by search engines, and for Marketplace and everything below it no follow to all search engines. How do I achieve this?

I also read in this thread that everything in xenForo was by default all no follow. Is that true? Again. I'm still not that familiar with the CP. But I could not find any settings for this. But then there was Brogan's comment that links by staff members are not no follow. Does that mean everthing in xenForo is by default no follow, EXCEPT all posts by staff (Admin/Mods/??) which are followed by the search engines. What I want is everybody posting in Communications is followed, and everybody posting in Marketplace is no-follow without exceptions.

Is this an achievable objective? And how to achieve that.

Top Bottom