Dj Hoddz - Split from topical thread

EQnoble

...I listened to one of you mixes the other day...SICK

Cheers man, which one did you listen to or can't you remember? Didn't think I'd find anyone on here who liked the same stuff as me haha!!
HA! Well I have listened to 4 of them ... I think so far my favorite is the "Best of 2010 Mix" ..it has a downbeat blended into a lot of the song that I can freestyle to :). It has a hip hop feel that I like which is rare considering the genre I listen to is kind of hard as well...except I can only post links here of the one's that are borderline as most of the rest are quite explicit in their lyrical content as that just usually is the way rap/hip-hop goes.

A lot of the selections in this mix dabble into the area that my ears are usually tuned to and the transitions make it so I can stay glued with that "in the song feeling" so I can actually listen to your entire mixes where a lot of dj's can pump hot beats but can't do anything but hard cut's and fades. Your mixes are thorough. Trust me when I say you are skilled in your craft as I mostly don't listen to pure electronic beats and usually you won't catch me saying "yeah that's hot" to anything to anything in this genre...but this shiz is HOT!...

I only have one problem with your tracks...I can't sit still while they're bumpin so photoshop becomes useless :)

One section of this song actual spurred a hook in my head which I have made a skeleton track to build up as the melody and supporting sounds reveal themselves as I build the master on Acid Pro...which reminded me ... I was wondering what you would consider your primary tool in your musical production arsenal?

edit: 33 minutes in has a transition and a section that is sick...36.20, my favorite

I have listened to your tracks a while back and it seems I forgot to let you know that I liked them.... Very rude of me as your mixes are flawless.

The start of FEB 2011 leaves me wishing for a VJ melbourne shuffle mix

Nice mix! but hardcore I would say (some of them was more house than hardcore)
(hardcore fan for the last 10 year's <<) i listen to di.fm hardcore station everyday
Try the Haze remix of Absolute it's epic and add Korma mix of The Spice and you will have me as a fan lol

Nah all in all i like it keep up the great work!

Didn't think I'd find anyone on here who liked the same stuff as me haha!!

Just listening to some of your stuff now, good work!
smile.png

Oh my days, this is bloody nuts!! Well I must say cheers guys for your support!! Didn't think I'd find people on here that were into the same thing as me but wow!! All of your feedback is great. I will reply to your comments in a bigger post in a second... I'm overwhelmed!!

HA! Well I have listened to 4 of them ... I think so far my favorite is the "Best of 2010 Mix" ..it has a downbeat blended into a lot of the song that I can freestyle to :). It has a hip hop feel that I like which is rare considering the genre I listen to is kind of hard as well...except I can only post links here of the one's that are borderline as most of the rest are quite explicit in their lyrical content as that just usually is the way rap/hip-hop goes.

A lot of the selections in this mix dabble into the area that my ears are usually tuned to and the transitions make it so I can stay glued with that "in the song feeling" so I can actually listen to your entire mixes where a lot of dj's can pump hot beats but can't do anything but hard cut's and fades. Your mixes are thorough. Trust me when I say you are skilled in your craft as I mostly don't listen to pure electronic beats and usually you won't catch me saying "yeah that's hot" to anything to anything in this genre...but this shiz is HOT!...

I only have one problem with your tracks...I can't sit still while they're bumpin so photoshop becomes useless :)

One section of this song actual spurred a hook in my head which I have made a skeleton track to build up as the melody and supporting sounds reveal themselves as I build the master on Acid Pro...which reminded me ... I was wondering what you would consider your primary tool in your musical production arsenal?

edit: 33 minutes in has a transition and a section that is sick...36.20, my favorite
Thanks for all the feedback here bud, I really do appreciate every comment you have made!! I feel I have come a long way since I started beat juggling back in November 2007, and keep on progressing and getting better and better every time I have a session. Well when you listen to my mixes, don't use Photoshop, just have them playing and stand up... you'll soon be throwing some shapes trust me!!

I have listened to your tracks a while back and it seems I forgot to let you know that I liked them.... Very rude of me as your mixes are flawless.

The start of FEB 2011 leaves me wishing for a VJ melbourne shuffle mix
Thanks for your support Brett, again it's much appreciated. Watch this space for my next one, hopefully in the next few days it will be up on my soundcloud.

Nice mix! but hardcore I would say (some of them was more house than hardcore)
(hardcore fan for the last 10 year's <<) i listen to di.fm hardcore station everyday
Try the Haze remix of Absolute it's epic and add Korma mix of The Spice and you will have me as a fan lol

Nah all in all i like it keep up the great work!
All of my tracks are classed as hardcore, all have a BPM of 169-180 which is deemed the hardcore speed. But I know what you're saying, some of them are very house like and don't have a hard bass kick, but still some awesome sounds. I will keep an eye out for those tracks, and see if I can't get them in a mix for ya ;-P

Just listening to some of your stuff now, good work! :)
Cheers mate, watch this space for more coming soon!!

Right, now to advertise... if you are on Facebook and don't already 'like' me then please do!! You'll get the latest news as it happens from http://facebook.com/djhoddz
Obviously if you are on Soundcloud, then follow me to get my latest sounds directly to your page!! http://www.soundcloud.com/dj-hoddz
Why not join my community, where I put all of my mixes, http://www.restlessravers.com
And finally, some of you may already be aware that I run my own online radio site, focusing on the harder edged music, check it out at http://www.pukkaradio.net

And keep this thread alive, if you feel the need to add a new comment or want to tell me I'm sh!t then feel free =D!!

All of my tracks are classed as hardcore, all have a BPM of 169-180 which is deemed the hardcore speed. But I know what you're saying, some of them are very house like and don't have a hard bass kick, but still some awesome sounds. I will keep an eye out for those tracks, and see if I can't get them in a mix for ya ;-P

Be sure to let me know if you do :)

Right folks, if you wanna get your latest fix from myself then I have a new demo coming soon hopefully!! I have been a bit quiet on the mixing front lately but I have been busy so hopefully it will be uploaded soon!

Just to let you all know my new mix is on my MixCloud page. My Soundcloud account has expired and I'm not going to be renewing it for a while so I have gone over to mixcoud. The link is below if you want to have a listen and there is a download link over there too should you like it that much!

As always, feedback is always appreciated (good or bad) so feel free to give it to me!
http://i.mixcloud.com/Ci5Ch

I like it !
I just got the feeling that if the Music Industry thought that the mp3 player killed the CD then the cloud is going to OBLITERATE it.

Make a mix of that new tune: Moves like Jagger
Edit out the Christine Ag. bits :)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom