XF 1.2 Display styling priority to remove banner text

Mr Lucky

I have a usergroup with priority 500 and a banner text.

I have a usegroup with priority 1000 with no banner text

However the users with both groups still have banner text, should the higher priority not negate the bannert text?

However the users with both groups still have banner text, should the higher priority not negate the bannert text?
The short answer is no. Banners are displayed in decreasing priority or if stacking is disabled, the banner with the highest priority is displayed.

Do you have banner stacking enabled?

Options -> User Options
Yes, it was enabled. I disabled and tested again - same thing the banner is there when the group has a lower priority.

I am testing with a group that has a style for username text color as well. This works as expected (I have another thread about that, I needed to empty user cache)

So when the group has the lowest priority the text color goes but the banner remains

The short answer is no. Banners are displayed in decreasing priority or if stacking is disabled, the banner with the highest priority is displayed.
Ah, I was typing as you posted. So that answers my question.

I think this should behave the same as username text styling, for consisitency. That's what you would expect.

EDIT: ie, if the highest priority group has no banner, I would expect there to be no banner even there is a banner in a lower priority group, as it is with username text style

I've disabled banner stacking. I have a user group with priority 0 with a banner and a usergroup with priority 100 with no banner. Rebuilt user caches. Banner still appears. I've even switched the priority numbers around.

I understand, but they're technically going to have a banner if they're in any user group that has one. Groups without banners are thrown out of the equation entirely. You'd have to remove them from all groups with a banner, or come up with a workaround.

You could try setting a custom CSS class for the banner, and set it to display: none; in your extra.css or extra.less template.

Top Bottom