1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Display styling priority to remove banner text

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Mr Lucky, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

I have a usergroup with priority 500 and a banner text.

I have a usegroup with priority 1000 with no banner text

However the users with both groups still have banner text, should the higher priority not negate the bannert text?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you have banner stacking enabled?

Options -> User Options

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The short answer is no. Banners are displayed in decreasing priority or if stacking is disabled, the banner with the highest priority is displayed.

4. Mr Lucky

Yes, it was enabled. I disabled and tested again - same thing the banner is there when the group has a lower priority.

I am testing with a group that has a style for username text color as well. This works as expected (I have another thread about that, I needed to empty user cache)

So when the group has the lowest priority the text color goes but the banner remains

5. Mr Lucky

Ah, I was typing as you posted. So that answers my question.

I think this should behave the same as username text styling, for consisitency. That's what you would expect.

EDIT: ie, if the highest priority group has no banner, I would expect there to be no banner even there is a banner in a lower priority group, as it is with username text style

6. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Or, have as an option that no banner is to be displayed for members of that group under any circumstances. :D