XF 1.5 Display new posts of only certain forums

Tai Coromandel

I'm currently migrating a forum from vb4 to XF. What I'm wanting to do is replicate a function in vb4 to display new posts in a selection of forums, not all new posts on the entire site.

On vb4, it's done like this: Search Results - Indiegamer Forums

As well as this: Search Results - Indiegamer Forums

The page linked directly above shows all new posts from the following forums on that site: Indie Game Development, Forum Management, Indie Basics, Indie Business, Feedback Requests, Game Development (Technical), Game Design, Indie Related Chat, Private Discussion, Forum Policy and Questions, Badge Requests, Moderators

This is done through the search system in vb4, what I want is a page that does the same thing in XF. Can this be done?

You have an option in ACP.

View attachment 116372

Yep, but I don't want to modify what is shown in "New Posts". I want another page which only shows posts from the forums selected, I actually want two of these pages. So, doing that would not work.

See my posts in this thread:

XF 1.1 - Linking to searches

Is it possible to search without specifying a user or keyword. All I want is to show all new posts from a select number of forums. If I try it without a username or keyword, it gives me: Please specify a search query or the name of a member.

Is it possible to search without specifying a user or keyword. All I want is to show all new posts from a select number of forums. If I try it without a username or keyword, it gives me: Please specify a search query or the name of a member.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that part. There is no way around that requirement without modifying the code. Ideally this would be an addon. Or see my post here for an old file edit:

Pull Latest Threads

Kind of nasty editing the files like that though...

Top Bottom