1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Display Icon on online users page

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by euhowhuang, Apr 10, 2013.

1. euhowhuang

euhowhuang Member

How can I add a icon on the top right corner of each online user tab when I'm developing a addon? I don't want to do it by any template edit addons.

Any solutions?
  2. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

You can use template hooks to do that. If the hook doesn't exist, you can use templatePostRender which allows you to edit the template after it has been compiled. It has its shortcomings, yes - a better system will be introduced in 1.2.
  3. euhowhuang

euhowhuang Member

Well, I did try use template hooks, but no hooks exist(maybe I missed?), templatePostRender is a mode? I don't want to use a thrid-party products as if others want to install my modes, they need to install another mode to make mine works, that's not so good.
  4. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

templatePostRender is a code event (or hook) that is fired when the template compiler has finished rendering the template. The template is then fed to the hook so the hook can manipulate it.

Unfortunately, for 1.1 the best option you have really is TMS.
  5. euhowhuang

euhowhuang Member

templatePostRender finally solved my requirement, but still take me a lot of sources to change for this while thanks for your information, I made it!;)