Lack of interest Display custom prefixes as WYSIWYG in prefix list.

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Mr Lucky

The list of prefix styles shows what the default prefixes look like, but of course you also have the option to create your own via CSS,

I would like to see a display of your available custom prefixes along with the default ones so you can compare what they look like before choosing which is the one you want.

Otherwise I have to look into extra.css to remind myself what the custom ones are, even worse for other admins who may not have the permissions or desire to poke around in templates.

EDIT: Tracy has pointed out a complication as custom CSS prefixes are on a per style basis. However my suggestion should therefore be to have custom prefixes globally.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Depends.. I know that with WBB, you define them, and the prefixes (what they call Labels) show up in the list... but they don't reflect the color since the EXTRA.css is only applied to the style and not the ACP. It would take a design change most likely so that the "custom prefix colors" would have to be done in their own CSS template that would be rendered by the ACP template system. I don't think that currently the ACP templates render anything from EXTRA.css.
I use a LOT of prefixes (even on my WBB site) and I would like to have the ability to define (heck, even to assign colors by a color wheel) then in the ACP directly - but I don't know if it's worth the hassle or not. I've gotten used to doing then in a custom CSS template that I include via my EXTRA.css.

Depends.. I know that with WBB, you define them, and the prefixes (what they call Labels) show up in the list... but they don't reflect the color since the EXTRA.css is only applied to the style and not the ACP. It would take a design change most likely so that the "custom prefix colors" would have to be done in their own CSS template that would be rendered by the ACP template system. I don't think that currently the ACP templates render anything from EXTRA.css.
I use a LOT of prefixes (even on my WBB site) and I would like to have the ability to define (heck, even to assign colors by a color wheel) then in the ACP directly - but I don't know if it's worth the hassle or not. I've gotten used to doing then in a custom CSS template that I include via my EXTRA.css.

Good point. However I'm suggesting what I would like in an ideal world, it's not up to me to say how it is done. :)

But yes, I should add that for this scenario the custom prefixes must be global, not per style.

But yes, I should add that for this scenario the custom prefixes must be global, not per style.
Oh, if it's coded correctly, you could have them per style and visible from the ACP. It would just be applied to a template (call it custom_prefixes.css) that follows each style. Then have the ACP able to render the custom_prefixes.css for the selected style that you chose (in a drop down tab) so that you can view them (and even their CSS labels).

Top Bottom