1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Display a user's banners on their member card

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Chris D, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Martok, Steve F, Andrej and 4 others like this.
  2. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Yes, always want to do this since 1.1.x versions.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Depending on how many banners + how much adds to the card, this could be come problematic.

Shelley likes this.
  4. Chris D

Surely that's true of displaying it in messages too? If you have 10 banners stacked then it'd look ridiculous. On a member card that would look even less-so, I think.

5. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I can definitely see potential problems with this the banners i'm using are huge. Full of hugeness. :D

6. Jeremy

Yeah, but the post expands. Member card is a static size, IIRC.

Chris D likes this.
  7. Chris D

The whole point is though, how many banners will be needed for that to even be a problem?

I did a very hacky cut and paste job in dev tools and 3 lines of banners, about 15 of them and there were no noticeable issues.

Maybe 30 or more could be an issue, but that just seems silly anyway :p

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The member card is expandable in 1.2 (no image background).

Andy.N and Jeremy like this.
  9. Jeremy

And the staff proves me wrong. I'm still in the mindset of v1.1 with the member card. :unsure::oops: I'll go hide in the corner

10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's to do with responsive :)

upload_2013-6-25_21-42-50.png

11. Jeremy

I know, I know. I'll take the public shaming. -_- LOL. I have no problem with this suggestion now. lol.

SneakyDave and Chris D like this.
  12. Chris D

upload_2013-6-25_21-44-21.png

I think it's only broken due to no spacing between the banners. Seems ok to me even with lots of banners on a small screen. Would expect larger banners to be ok too, @Shelley

13. Shelley

Yeah. My main concern is it's a design flaw on my part. I'm using images as banners and the curl is part of the banner so it'll look odd. I'll need to to re-visit it and re-code it so the lip is separate and removable in responsive.

KK you won me over, it gets a like from me but means I need to move my backside and redo my banners. :p

SneakyDave and Jeremy like this.
  14. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

This has practical use for me as I use conditional to display the custom badge for highest level the member has achieved. Before, I have to go to their posts to see it but now it's possible to see it directly from member card.

15. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Andy.N and Jeremy like this.
  16. James

James Well-Known Member

Nice idea. Instead of displaying every banner, I'm sure limits could apply. Whether that's highest display priority first (limit 5/10/etc) or just a checkbox on creation "display on membercard".

17. Jeremy

I'd prefer every banner personally, and since you can already choose highest ranked (I think Brogan made a suggestion that's now marked as [Implemented]), it should be repeated in here.

18. Shelley

Larger banners (btw nice add-on chris just installed) this is what i mean by larger. :D Could still be problematic for people using custom banners, using custom classes.

Untitled-4.png

19. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Is this how the member card will look in 1.2?

20. Jeremy

That's already how it looks, @Amaury. Resize your browser and it'll appear that way in Brogan's picture.

Shelley likes this.