• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Implemented Display a user's banners on their member card

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Surely that's true of displaying it in messages too? If you have 10 banners stacked then it'd look ridiculous. On a member card that would look even less-so, I think.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
The whole point is though, how many banners will be needed for that to even be a problem?

I did a very hacky cut and paste job in dev tools and 3 lines of banners, about 15 of them and there were no noticeable issues.

Maybe 30 or more could be an issue, but that just seems silly anyway :p

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
upload_2013-6-25_21-44-21.png

I think it's only broken due to no spacing between the banners. Seems ok to me even with lots of banners on a small screen. Would expect larger banners to be ok too, @Shelley

Shelley

View attachment 49894

I think it's only broken due to no spacing between the banners. Seems ok to me even with lots of banners on a small screen. Would expect larger banners to be ok too, @Shelley
Yeah. My main concern is it's a design flaw on my part. I'm using images as banners and the curl is part of the banner so it'll look odd. I'll need to to re-visit it and re-code it so the lip is separate and removable in responsive.

KK you won me over, it gets a like from me but means I need to move my backside and redo my banners. :p

Andy.N

This has practical use for me as I use conditional to display the custom badge for highest level the member has achieved. Before, I have to go to their posts to see it but now it's possible to see it directly from member card.

James

Nice idea. Instead of displaying every banner, I'm sure limits could apply. Whether that's highest display priority first (limit 5/10/etc) or just a checkbox on creation "display on membercard".

Jeremy

I'd prefer every banner personally, and since you can already choose highest ranked (I think Brogan made a suggestion that's now marked as [Implemented]), it should be repeated in here.