Lack of interest Dismiss alerts when clicking back

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Moshe1010

Like on Facebook, I'm wondering if it's possible to dismiss alerts (that you already reviewed) once clicking "back" on the browser.

Currently, when there is a new alert that was already reviewed, clicking "back" on the browser keeps showing me that I have an alert that hasn't reviewed yet. However, when I have an alert on Facebook, and I reviewed it, clicking back keeps the alert to be dismissed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Facebook does a long pulling system where it constantly hits the server checking for notifications. And since it constantly hits a server for updated notifications, it can remove them.

XenForo, however, only checks on AJAX calls. It could fire off a request on page load, but personally, I think that's slightly a waste of a call.

FB also uses push state significantly so pressing back doesn't actually go back a page in the browser implementation.

So, huge change to do that (and probably something that would interfere with a lot of things our customers do :)).

Top Bottom