XF 1.5 Disk space

Spartan

My servers are running out of disk space. I'd rather not delete posts. What are my other options to free up disk space?

Are you talking database or webserver? And how much diskspace are you talking about.

If it is the webserver it is likely attachments, recompressing attached images can give massive savings.

Database? Try pruning the xf_ip table or xf_edit_history table of ancient entries. You can also use table compresison on them (warning upto 40% performance hit!)

My servers are running out of disk space. I'd rather not delete posts. What are my other options to free up disk space?

Your best option is to contact your web host and find out how much more the next level of web hosting will cost. It might only be a few dollars more and they can migrate you to that level so it's very easy to do.

Your best option is to contact your web host and find out how much more the next level of web hosting will cost. It might only be a few dollars more and they can migrate you to that level so it's very easy to do.

No, the best thing to do is identify why the OP is running out of disk space before throwing more hardware and money at something that may not need it. ;)

Top Bottom