Discussion in Resource Overview by Waindigo [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Discussion in Resource Overview by Waindigo - Add-on for Resource Manager, moves the discussion from its own tab to be underneath the overview.

This add-on removes the discussion tab on resources and shows the discussion on the main overview page of a resource. All links to the thread redirect to the resource page and it is possible to reply to the thread and do other thread-related actions all from the resource page.

Thank you to Oerkill VR for contributing towards add-on...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Which version of the RM is this compatible with?

Only ask as I tried it on our dev board, below the resource it showed updates and then the full set of tabs again with the discussion tab added.

Using XF 1.2.2 with RM 1.0.0

Picture's worth a thousand words so here's a pic of it :):

RSMDiscussion.webp

Last edited:
I love this, I didn't like the way resource thread lists went to the discussion tab

I had to disable @Nobita Threads And Messages Per Page Preferences addon because it caused resource thread links to go to the discussion tab, and then that tab would disappear upon clicking on the overview tab, so that addon somehow circumvented this addon's redirection feature

I love this, I didn't like the way resource thread lists went to the discussion tab

I had to disable @Nobita Threads And Messages Per Page Preferences addon because it caused resource thread links to go to the discussion tab, and then that tab would disappear upon clicking on the overview tab, so that addon somehow circumvented this addon's redirection feature
I assume you mean @Nobita.Kun. The conflict is with both add-ons extending the route prefix (the bit of code that builds links to threads). I will see if I can work around this, although might not be possible.

I assume you mean @Nobita.Kun. The conflict is with both add-ons extending the route prefix (the bit of code that builds links to threads). I will see if I can work around this, although might not be possible.

yes, I mainly just mentioned it in case anyone else ran into it, I know you're busy so this can wait as far as I'm concerned.

Great addon but i noticed that its not compatible with xfRM+. When there are both enabled, your plugin doesnt work. Nothing important, i just disabled xfRM.

Last edited:
If the discussion is moved to the resource itself (fantastic btw) will it still be accessible as a forum thread as well?

If the discussion is moved to the resource itself (fantastic btw) will it still be accessible as a forum thread as well?
The link to the threads will still be there in the respective forums, but the link will point to the resource. If you want different functionality than this, please drop me a PM as it will only be a small cost to change this.

I will test this later. But can you be specific about what happens when they are all installed together?

For anyone who is wondering, the two screenshots I have received show a severely distorted display compared to a normal display. The normal display appears to have one or both of my add-ons disabled.

On the distorted display, a lot of the CSS and HTML is broken.

Here is my screenshot from my dev board with Waindigo's add-on enabled and both my add-ons:

upload_2013-11-27_18-15-1.webp

It's actually working fine (apart from the Share This Page block but that might be one for @Waindigo to look into as it's caused by the thread_view share_page.css I believe).

So @BassMan you should try this on an unedited, default style. If the problem only exists in your custom style, you should consult with the style author.

It's actually working fine (apart from the Share This Page block but that might be one for @Waindigo to look into as it's caused by the thread_view share_page.css I believe).

So @BassMan you should try this on an unedited, default style. If the problem only exists in your custom style, you should consult with the style author.
Thanks for testing this out Chris. I hadn't even noticed the Share Page appearing twice (and messing up in the sidebar). This is now fixed.

Unfortunately, this add-on, due to its nature (i.e., merging two different pages into one), is more likely than most to cause CSS issues with some styles. A good style designer should be able to fix any problems you are having though without too much difficulty.

For anyone who is wondering, the two screenshots I have received show a severely distorted display compared to a normal display. The normal display appears to have one or both of my add-ons disabled.

On the distorted display, a lot of the CSS and HTML is broken.

Here is my screenshot from my dev board with Waindigo's add-on enabled and both my add-ons:

View attachment 61982

@Chris Deeming, actually I'm using the default Xenforo style, but have some add-ons. What exactly could be wrong?

And after last Waindigo's update (1.0.1) I can use your add-on Resource Watchers, but when I activate Thread watchers it brakes again. Well, at least one add-on can be enabled on my site now.

Actually, I can use only one of those add-ons. So, Resource Watchers OR Thread Watchers, but not both of them!

@Chris Deeming, actually I'm using the default Xenforo style, but have some add-ons. What exactly could be wrong?

And after last Waindigo's update (1.0.1) I can use your add-on Resource Watchers, but when I activate Thread watchers it brakes again. Well, at least one add-on can be enabled on my site now.
I suspect it is another add-on causing the issue.

Leave the three add-ons disabled and disable your others one by one. I suspect one of the other add-ons being disabled will solve the issue.

Top Bottom