Discussion in Resource Overview by Waindigo [Deleted]

Conflict report with DP syntax highlighter not asking to support this just letting you know

ErrorException: Undefined index: discussion_type - library/Waindigo/DisInResOverview/Extend/XenForo/Route/Prefix/Threads.php:16

#1 /home/---/public_html/library/XenForo/Link.php(369): Waindigo_DisInResOverview_Extend_XenForo_Route_Prefix_Threads->buildLink('threads', 'threads', '', '', Array, Array)
#2 /home/---/public_html/library/XenForo/Link.php(93): XenForo_Link::_buildLink('public', 'threads', Array, Array, 'threads')
#3 /home/---/public_html/library/DigitalPointThreadPostBbCode/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(36): XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('threads', Array)
#4 [internal function]: DigitalPointThreadPostBbCode_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTagThread(Array, Array, Object(DigitalPointSyntaxHighlighter_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#5 /home/---/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(664): call_user_func(Array, Array, Array, Object(DigitalPointSyntaxHighlighter_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#6 /home/---/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(575): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#7 /home/---/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(488): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTag(Array, Array, 0)
#8 /home/---/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(469): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTreeElement(Array, Array, 0)
#9 /home/---/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(449): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#10 /home/---/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Parser.php(505): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTree(Array, Array)
#11 /home/---/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Forum/GlobalRss.php(43): XenForo_BbCode_Parser->render('Neuroscience ca...')
#12 /home/---/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): XenForo_ViewPublic_Forum_GlobalRss->renderRss()
#13 /home/---/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php(31): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Rss', Array, '')
#14 /home/---/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(572): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, '', NULL)
#15 /home/---/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss), Array)
#16 /home/---/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()#17 {main}

Hi Jon,

I am getting an error in Route Filter. Looks like there's a conflict with either XMG or XenPorta.. i am unable to set up any route filter...

Server Error
Undefined index: discussion_type

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/DisInResOverview/Extend/XenForo/Route/Prefix/Threads.php at line 16
  2. Waindigo_DisInResOverview_Extend_XenForo_Route_Prefix_Threads->buildLink() in EWRporta/Route/Thread.php at line 12
  3. EWRporta_Route_Thread->buildLink() in XenForo/Link.php at line 369
  4. XenForo_Link::_buildLink() in XenForo/Link.php at line 93
  5. XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/RouteFilter.php at line 36
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_RouteFilter->_getRouteFilterAddEditResponse() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/RouteFilter.php at line 73
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_RouteFilter->actionEdit() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/hippy/public_html/mydomain.com/admin.php at line 13

is it possible to select this for selective categories... for example for category blog.. i want to activate this.. but for category XYZ i want the default one with Reviews at the bottom.

is it possible to select this for selective categories... for example for category blog.. i want to activate this.. but for category XYZ i want the default one with Reviews at the bottom.
This is currently not possible, if you would like to discuss contributing to add this feature please PM me.

If we add manually the discussion_thread_id into xf_resource table, the redirect does'nt work.

Do you know how to fix that ?
Is it possible to add discussion to resource automatically (after the resource is posted for sure) ?

Best regards

If we add manually the discussion_thread_id into xf_resource table, the redirect does'nt work.

Do you know how to fix that ?
Is it possible to add discussion to resource automatically (after the resource is posted for sure) ?

Best regards
If you use the setting in Resource Manager for creating a discussion thread for the resource then the discussion count will increment by one. Manually changing discussion_thread_id in xf_resource won't affect the discussion count and will likely cause other issues down the road.

If you use the setting in Resource Manager for creating a discussion thread for the resource then the discussion count will increment by one. Manually changing discussion_thread_id in xf_resource won't affect the discussion count and will likely cause other issues down the road.
Thanx, and do you know if there is a way to add a discussion to existing resource ?

Specifically there does appear to be a bug with Sitemap generation with this add-on enabled.

You extend the Threads route prefix build link function to replace resource thread links with the actual resource links. In doing so, XF 1.4 sitemaps get what appear to be duplicate links logged in the sitemap:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/sitemap-major-issues.83609/#post-830690

The issue is slightly exasperated because the link is hard coded to be "resources" hence not canonical when the link has been changed with Route Filters.

The approach in the link builder also adds an additional query for each thread in the thread list which is a resource.

@Waindigo - is this add-on currently compatible with the latest versions of XF and RM?

Disappointing that there's been no reply to this yet. With this add-on enabled there is currently no discussion in the overview. Is there a fix in the works or do I need to uninstall the add-on and figure out how associate each Resource with a thread?

Top Bottom