1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discount for current vb/ipb licence holders?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Rhydian, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhydian

Rhydian Active Member

Don't know if this has been discussed but maybe having a small discount for vb/ipb licence holders. Not sure how much of a good idea this is legally or at all but it's just a random suggestion.

GodForum.com and KURTZ like this.
  2. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

dude, it's a GREAT idea ... :D

GodForum.com likes this.
  3. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about that.

If the product is of high quality (which it will be), and priced fairly, I do not think you will need discounts to attract potential clients; it'll sell on it's own merits (and that will send the best message to competitors).

4. GodForum.com

GodForum.com Well-Known Member

not a great idea ... FANTASTIC IDEA ... remember we have moving costs to consider :)

KURTZ likes this.
  5. Kuma

Kuma Active Member

How do you determine if someone is a current license holder? What defines current?

I believe that if they're going to run with a sale, it should be open to everyone. After the sale ends everyone gets the same price. To much work would in my mind would go into trying to verify who owns a license, what does current mean, etc.

For example, today I have 10 vB licenses and 10 IPB licenses, I purchase 5 XF licenses, do I get a dicount only on my first purchase? Do I get a discount until i match the XF licenses? Do I always get a discount for having those third party licenses?

6. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

not sure how they would figure out who is a licensed customer of other software, anyway...

I have faith that the product will be priced fairly and that it already proves that it is worth every penny...

7. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

yes, especially for who renewed the vB license a couple of days ago ...

8. GodForum.com

Easy to prove who is licensed or not :)

9. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

Do explain, then :)

10. GodForum.com

bills for one :)

11. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

Most of us who found this place is likely a current and/or former vBulletin customer. Plus we tend to have kept our names as well.

12. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

simply and painless ... :D

13. WhatChaMissin

WhatChaMissin Active Member

Verifying licenses from various vendors would put an undue burden on the XF staff, a pre-sale discount would be more efficient IMHO. ;)

14. Kuma

Kuma Active Member

Bills are quiet easily faked.

15. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Bad Idea, they're 'most likely' going to have an 'early adopters' sale, doesnt matter if you're coming from vB, IPB, MyBB, PHPBB, SomeOtherBBwhichsucks - everyone should get the same price, and I say this as a license holder of 5 vB and 2 IPB, so yeah.

16. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Bad idea. Doesn't really make sense to me at all. :)

17. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 Well-Known Member

As a customer sure I'm fall all and any discounts... military... senior citizen... child... (not that I'm any of those) but realistically this has nothing to do with vBulletin.., Kier and Mike don't make any money from vBulletin sales so what logic is it they should give discounts to vBulletin customers any more than Microsoft or Apple customers?

18. Rhydian

Rhydian Active Member

Very mixed views but something like this was bound to come in a discussion and in my opinion after reading all the comments it seems unpractical.

19. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

Pre-sale makes more sense to those willing to invest in our future.

20. Sir nick

Sir nick Well-Known Member

Support; Well not give but allow users to create their own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.