Discipline / Infraction System

Well, these are obviously against the rules:

"defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violates any laws"

I hate discipline systems.

I'd never allow a yellow / red card system. If a user misbehaves, I am talking to him. When I ban him, I will tell him exactly why.

It's like the "dislike" link, if you like someone, you may click so, but dislike something, it's better to explain why.

I'd not put any ressources in that from the start. A perfect example for an addon from a third party, too.

There's a report feature, and there's inline moderation. It is what forums need.
The warning system in my book is still best done via private msg, it's just that the 'vB' infraction system keeps track of users history. THAT, I like.
Mike, is it planned at all, if so, for 1.x or 2.x or (future)?

It hasn't been developed yet unfortunately.

I cannot tell from what others are saying.

Can users be moderated so their post do not show up until a moderator approves them?

If not, could that be included? Without that feature I am not sure what we would do.

Are you sure?

print_money.jpg

I hate discipline systems.

I'd never allow a yellow / red card system. If a user misbehaves, I am talking to him. When I ban him, I will tell him exactly why.

It's like the "dislike" link, if you like someone, you may click so, but dislike something, it's better to explain why.

I'd not put any ressources in that from the start. A perfect example for an addon from a third party, too.

agreed ...

Print money

LOL!

The warning system in my book is still best done via private msg, it's just that the 'vB' infraction system keeps track of users history. THAT, I like.
Mike, is it planned at all, if so, for 1.x or 2.x or (future)?
Agreed. Especially if you are on a large forum, and you happen to come across a particular delinquent user, you have no real way of telling what they've done in the past aside from using User Notes. The other nice thing about an infraction system is it allows members to see how close they are to getting banned. Rather than the process being entirely subjective to a particular angry moderator or administrator, a good deal of the banning is handed directly over to the forum software. It's much easier to tell someone, "Well, you broke rules x, y, and z thus reaching H number of points" then try to justify their ban over someone who maybe was not banned for something similar.

Different administrators, different ways to run things, but I like organization :).

Top Bottom