Implemented Disallow PUSH notifications for banned, discouraged & specific usergroups

Alpha1

Some users we do not not want to pull back to our site. For example banned, discouraged users.
And also specific usergroups. For example we have a sin-bin group for bad members who consistently post low quality.

Please add settings and permissions to disallow push notifications for these users.

Upvote 22
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
That kind of goes against the idea of having Guests able to receive push notifications. All a user would have to do is log out, or not log in at all and they could get them anyway.

No?

No, because guests don't have access to everything a registered user had (special forums, conversations, ...).

However, I would expect the push system to be tightly bound to the alert system, meaning that if no alert could be sent out, then also no push notification could be sent either.
And if there is no punishment option regarding alerts for banned / discouraged users, I would not want to see one for push notifications either. AFAIK there's nothing like that and it does not really make sense either.

Specific user groups, well, yea, that would kinda make sense, as I believe Chris said, for "premium" groups.

This is something admins are going to ask about very frequently, at least that was my experience, and I support this suggestion.

However, I would expect the push system to be tightly bound to the alert system, meaning that if no alert could be sent out, then also no push notification could be sent either.
In the case of guests, this is not bound to the alert system. It requires custom development that hooks into forum and thread events.

I am not sure if I understand this suggestion as there already is a permission for push:
Screenshot_20231104-150917_Chrome.webp

What else would be required?

Top Bottom