Fixed Disabling Trophies

Zynektic

Afternoon,

With the new option to disable trophies, I am going to redo all my board trophies and do not want them to trigger when adding them. If I disable them on the forum and then work on adding my trophies will they still trigger or am I fine to go about adding them and enabling the system again once done to trigger whoever has met the criteria?

Also, if I remove all trophies it will reset everyone's trophy points back to 0 correct?

Cheers

With the new option to disable trophies, I am going to redo all my board trophies and do not want them to trigger when adding them. If I disable them on the forum and then work on adding my trophies will they still trigger or am I fine to go about adding them and enabling the system again once done to trigger whoever has met the criteria?

Also, if I remove all trophies it will reset everyone's trophy points back to 0 correct?

Interesting questions, and these I'd like to know myself. Haven't read anything really defining this... but looking.

I have had the trophy system disabled all day, added trophies and it just triggered 38 alerts after relogged when a user reported it.

I have to say, it did not trigger until the [AD] Credits add-on triggered gaining crystals for trophies, at least those are the notifications I have, not trophy notifications so I am unsure which triggered it.

Last edited:
That is what I thought, the only alerts I have are for the [AD] Credits add-on which triggers an alert and awards currency when a trophy is awarded, but if the trophy system is disabled I am not sure why it did that. I'll poke it in that thread, cheers.

Either it's a bug with XenForo still awarding trophies (as suggested in the reply), or the credits add-on is overriding the disable function....

@Mike @Chris D - Are either of you able to shed any light on this? Thanks

I don't think there is much light to shed. If you had it off, and no "XenForo" alerts were sent, but instead alerts from the add-on were... that sort of has to narrow it down, right?

I don't see any other way for it to be an issue on XenForo's side.

XenForo awards trophies via a Cron job. XenForo doesn't look for users when creating a trophy to award it to.

Top Bottom