1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Disable - Threads below this have not been updated since your last visit but have unread messages

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by DannyCutts, Jul 6, 2015.

1. DannyCutts

DannyCutts Member

Is there anyway we can disable this??

Threads below this have not been updated since your last visit but have unread messages

It is never right and I think people take it as gospel...

Unless it works flawlessly I dont think it adds anything :-(

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's added within the find_new_posts template.

3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

In what way doesn't it work right?

4. DannyCutts

DannyCutts Member

ok so do I just remove it?

5. DannyCutts

DannyCutts Member

It doesnt clock that I have not seen threads.... I look below it and I am like well thats new.. and that and that...

6. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

That would be correct. When you last visited, those threads had unread messages in that you didn't read. So they appear in the list but below the "Threads below this have not been updated since your last visit but have unread messages" message as they still have unread messages but no further new messages.

DannyCutts, Amaury and Liam W like this.
  7. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

^

It's session-based. If you close your browser or it's been an hour or more since your last activity, thereby ending your session, that will appear, though are some rare cases where it won't, like your session didn't end. I personally mark everything read before going to bed (unless I fall asleep unintentionally beforehand) so I have a fresh batch in the morning.

8. DannyCutts

DannyCutts Member

right I see thanks for clearing that up for me