1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Disable replying, Lock discussion for a specific Forum?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by creativeforge, Sep 29, 2015.

1. creativeforge

creativeforge Active Member

I'd like to allow a certain group of members to create new threads in a forum dedicated to them, that will be visible to ALL, but commenting will be disabled (having a note saying so at the bottom would be nice).

How would I do this?

2. creativeforge

In Conversations, we have the option to LOCK it. Does this exist for forum nodes?

Maybe what could also be helpful would be to have a list of related news from the poster, displayed underneath?
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  3. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no permission that prevents users from replying to threads that aren't their own, but if you are intending to allow the group of members to comment on each other, you can create a group that has the "Post Replies" and "Post new Thread" permission for the specific forum; and disallowing those two for the Registered Group.

Otherwise, it would require custom development.
  4. creativeforge

Thanks Jeremy... Do yo know of an addon that would then allow me to create blog-type posts for announcements, etc?
  5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

6. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Hi Andre,

This add-on almost does exactly what you're asking for:

7. creativeforge

Thanks Andy! Let me check it out...