Disable Invisible Status by Waindigo [Deleted]

OK, that brings us back to my post (#71) of earlier today. DOES not work.

Hello????

2 screenshots provided. Totally different themes and authors.

I have the latest version of this add-on installed and the latest Xenforo version and the latest version of the themes.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-08-30 at 4.12.19 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2014-08-30 at 4.12.19 PM.webp
    2 KB · Views: 134
  • Screen shot 2014-08-30 at 4.11.56 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2014-08-30 at 4.11.56 PM.webp
    2 KB · Views: 133
I guess you have outdated templates or a template modification preventing this add-on to work properly. Version 1.0.3 of this add-on (latest) works fine with XF 1.4.0 RC1 (latest) with the stock theme.

Double check the permissions of the usergroup.

Hello????

2 screenshots provided. Totally different themes and authors.

I have the latest version of this add-on installed and the latest Xenforo version and the latest version of the themes.
Check your current usergroup permission also.
This addon can be enable or disable via usergroup permission.

Upon further research it appears to be a theme problem.

Checked this against a different theme and it was working on the particular theme.

Outdated templates or permissions are not the issue at all.

Hey Jon,

It would seem this doesn't work with the UI.X framework. Is it possible for you to extend the template modification to uix_visitorTabs template? We wouldn't move this to its own template if it wasn't absolutely necessary for basic level customizations. Please let me know if you can.

Thanks,
Mike

@tommydamic68 and @RoldanLT I also noticed this a week ago but wasn't sure about the cause: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...r-message-is-in-the-javascript-console.81894/

This is the error from the Javascript console:

"PHP bob{"templateHtml":"\n\n\n\n<form method=\"post\" class=\"xenForm formOverlay NoFixedOverlay AutoValidator\"\n\taction=\"cuenta\/pref-uso-save\"\n\tdata-fieldValidatorUrl=\"cuenta\/validate-field.json\"\n\tdata-redirect=\"yes\">\n\n\t<!--<h3 class=\"sectionHeader\">Appearance<\/h3>-->\n\t\n\t\n\t\t<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"style_id\" value=\"0\" \/>\n\t\n\t\n\n\n\t<h3 class=\"sectionHeader\">Localizaci\u00f3n<\/h3>\n\t<fieldset>\n\t\n\t\n\t\n\t\t<dl class=\"ctrlUnit\">\n\t\t\t<dt><label for=\"ctrl_language_id\">Language:<\/label><\/dt>\n\t\t\t<dd>\n\t\t\t\t<select name=\"language_id\" class=\"textCtrl\" id=\"ctrl_language_id\">\n\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\t<option value=\"1\" >English (US)<\/option>\n\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\t<option value=\"2\" selected=\"selected\">Espa\u00f1ol<\/option>\n\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t<\/select>\n\t\t\t\t<p class=\"explain\">The interface of this site can be displayed to you using any of the languages you may pick here.<\/p>\n\t\t\t<\/dd>\n\t\t<\/dl>\n\t\n\"[…]

xenforo.js:231

On upload/library/Waindigo/DisableInvisible/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php there is the following code snippet:

Code:
  /**
  * @see XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account::actionPreferences()
  * @return XenForo_ControllerResponse_View
  */
  public function actionPreferences()
  {
  $response = parent::actionPreferences();
  if ($response instanceof XenForo_ControllerResponse_View) {
  $visitor = XenForo_Visitor::getInstance()->toArray();
  if (XenForo_Permission::hasPermission($visitor['permissions'], 'general', 'editVisibility')) {
  $response->subView->params['canEditVisibility'] = true;echo 'bob';
  } else {
  $response->subView->params['canEditVisibility'] = false;echo 'trev';
  }
  }
  return $response;
  } /* END actionPreferences */

On lines 21 and 23 @Waindigo is echoing 'bob' and 'trev'. I believe this was part of his testing process and he forgot to remove those echos. Hopefully he will get this fixed soon.

Would it be possible to have criteria support? "User is invisible"? So you could use it for trophies and any user promotions. Thanks :)

Anyone still working on this?

For UI.X-compatibility you have to edit the TMS replacement. Template changed to "uix_offCanvasSidebarVisitorTabs" and search text is now:

Code:
#<li class="navTab full">\s*<form action="{xen:link account/toggle-visibility}".*</form>\s*</li>#Us

Then it's working again for now.

Top Bottom