1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disable Invisible Status by Waindigo [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by Jon W, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Disable Invisible Status by Waindigo - This add-on stops users from being able to untick 'Show Online Status'.

Read more about this resource...
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Feature request:

• Allow staff the option to hide
    • Rebuild permissions / cache to run this query if needed.
    UPDATE xf_user
    SET visible 
    maszd, imthebest and Jon W like this.
  3. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

That query is run on install. I figured you wouldn't want it to run again automatically in case you wanted to manually set certain members to be able to go invisible -- i.e., by running a query like:
    UPDATE xf_user
    SET visible 
    WHERE user_id 
    In fact, it probably shouldn't run again if you upgrade the add-on either, but since there is only one version I will ponder that later.
    maszd, SneakyDave and Adam Howard like this.
  4. Adam Howard

I admit my method is quick & dirty.... Kind of gave it as an example.

But if X member is staff and later is not staff for whatever reason... Can't very well have him / her running around invisible.
  5. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Good example, and perfect example of how adding what seems like one small feature (the option for staff to be able to be invisible) makes a very simple add-on that took only a few minutes to make into a much more complicated add-on that makes people's heads hurt.
    Adam Howard likes this.
  6. Adam Howard

I'm sorry. It's only a request & a random idea. If it's to much work, don't worry about it.
    Jon W likes this.
  7. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

I'm curios on how can this be done for normal member?
    I did all the modification but some user's still can hide their identities.
    Out of 100K+ user's, every month I check, there are 20 to 80 that are hidden.
  8. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

The user basically just reverses the template edit. This is quite easy to do in browsers like Google Chrome where you can edit the HTML of the page that you are looking at and add any HTML that you like. If you have only made a template edit and not made any changes to the background code, it will just work as normal. So, this add-on will ensure that that doesn't work.
    RoldanLT likes this.
  9. RoldanLT

I think of that, except they are also an admin of xenforo forum they have an idea to do that.
  10. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

They would only have to be a member of another XenForo forum to know that there is a difference between your site and that one. Still seems like a lot of effort to go to just to not appear online though.
  11. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Nice,, still kind of holding out on a user group based permission system of this idea.. I'd ultimately like to make the ability to go invisible a premium option..
    QenTox, DRaver and karll like this.
  12. QenTox

QenTox Well-Known Member

I guess you should make a suggestion as this could be included then in the next XenForo release. I like this idea.
  13. Enitoni

Enitoni Member

Is there a possibility to make it so staff can see hidden users? So staff can see when staff are online? That would be really helpful.
  14. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

I think this is already a feature of XenForo.
    Adam Howard likes this.
  15. Adam Howard

It is :)
    Jon W likes this.
  16. RoldanLT

I think it's time to use this on my live forum :)
    maszd and Jon W like this.
  17. jeje031

jeje031 Member

If I want to install an add-ons waindigo and I already have one how?
  18. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Instructions are in the readme file. Just upload all the files, overwriting any that are already there.
    jeje031 likes this.
  19. ineedhelp

ineedhelp Well-Known Member

Can you add an option which allows admins to Show Invisible users with just 1 click... Because right now, Invisible users are only shown upon installing the addon and when you disable the addon, users can hide their status again, which is fine.

I just want to be able to 'show invisible users' randomly without the need to uninstall and reinstall the addon.

20. Bob_R

Bob_R Active Member

I have your add-on installed. How come I see this in one of my users' profiles? Am I missing something?

Won't he/she be able to uncheck that (online status) should they find it?

Attached Files: