Disable Conversations!

taylor_smith

I'm in need of a plugin that will disable conversations for certain usergroups. We've recently had some very important people join our fora and we don't want them to be bombarded with conversations. Will pay. Halp?

By the way, I own conversation essentials, but this doesn't allow me to prevent usergroups from receiving conversations.

Can't those important people just make the decision themselves whether they want to accept or reject conversations by changing the options in their preferences?

contact.webp

They can either untick the box, to disable conversations completely or change it from the default "Members only" to "People you follow only".

Indeed they could, but we are concerned that they may not get around to it. These are not merely VIPs--they are iconic figures in our industry, known unanimously by our 100k users.

You can manually set their privacy option by editing the user. Depending on how many VIP's, I would think this is the better option, rather than having an addon running just for them.

You can manually set their privacy option by editing the user. Depending on how many VIP's, I would think this is the better option, rather than having an addon running just for them.
Perfect solution! I didn't see this option when creating a usergroup, but I didn't think to edit the users directly. Thanks very much for your help. :)

Top Bottom