1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Disable Admin Approval

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Pengy, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Pengy

Pengy Member

Hello,
    I was wondering if it is possible to remove the admin having to approve users to join the forum? It seems like this came automatically with my xenforo install, but I do not want that.
    Thanks!

2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

It's in Options->User Registration.

However, it's likely the users are being flagged by the anti spam systems if it is disabled :)

Liam

3. Pengy

Pengy Member

Yeah it tells me that Admin approval is set to off, but all my users have needed to be approved manually so far. Is there anything I can do about that?

4. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

It is probably your spam settings : admin.php?options/list/spam

5. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

You will have to disable your spam settings, in spam managements options. Although there is a possibility all registrants were spammers...

6. Pengy

Pengy Member

The registrants were not spammers because I know most of them, and a few were real life friends. I will go ahead and fiddle with my settings :)

7. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

They may be "real life friends", but something about your "real life friends" was triggering the spam check routines - and it could be because their IP got on a spam list somewhere, their email got on a spam list somewhere, etc.

Liam W likes this.
  8. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

I wanted to say that, but didn't.

@Pengy that's the most likely explanation.

9. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Facts are facts... something about the user HAD to trigger the spam check routines. No need to try to beat around a bush about it.

10. Pengy

Pengy Member

Ok, thanks for the help guys :)