• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Digital Point Spy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the spy be able to tap into events added to the recent_events automatically, or would that require additional coding somehow?

Reason I ask is that we're currently testing an update to our MediaWiki bridge that is able to add events to the recent activity stream. I'm just wondering if the Spy would be able to display them too?

No, I went a different route and it logs it's own events within it's spy table. The reason I did that was because I wanted to show things that weren't normally part of the internal XF events. The spy is designed to show a lot more detailed things (for example a thread being moved from one forum to another), but it does show for a shorter window of time (anything more than 2 hours old, is flushed since it can only disable the 25 most recent events).

I'm getting the error: "Please enter a valid callback method".

When both upgrading or reinstalling. :/
Did you upload the contents of the "upload" folder?

Did you upload the contents of the "upload" folder?

Of course. I actually downloaded this plugin literally 30 minutes before you updated, I found that it didn't work so I just gave up and uninstalled it. Amazingly, I saw your update and decided to give it a try again but now when I try to install it I get that error. I've tried removing all traces of the plugin but I still get the error. :/

So I installed the old XML file you provided and I don't get that error. Odd. Sure you didn't make some type of typo in the code? :p

Installing the new version worked... but I get the same problem as before - it never updates.
http://skyrimforums.org/spy/

No, I went a different route and it logs it's own events within it's spy table. The reason I did that was because I wanted to show things that weren't normally part of the internal XF events. The spy is designed to show a lot more detailed things (for example a thread being moved from one forum to another), but it does show for a shorter window of time (anything more than 2 hours old, is flushed since it can only disable the 25 most recent events).

Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to inject my own events into your table, though, or would that break the spy?

Of course. I actually downloaded this plugin literally 30 minutes before you updated, I found that it didn't work so I just gave up and uninstalled it. Amazingly, I saw your update and decided to give it a try again but now when I try to install it I get that error. I've tried removing all traces of the plugin but I still get the error. :/

So I installed the old XML file you provided and I don't get that error. Odd. Sure you didn't make some type of typo in the code? :p

Installing the new version worked... but I get the same problem as before - it never updates.
http://skyrimforums.org/spy/
You don't have the JS file uploaded.
Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to inject my own events into your table, though, or would that break the spy?
It wouldn't *break* it, but they also wouldn't display unless you added the valid actions to the DigitalPointSpy_ControllerPublic_Spy class and specifically extended the getActions() method.

Weird. I've noticed that when I access spy.js without the v= it loads, but when I have it with it I just get an error:
Skyrim Forums - Error
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

Any idea on what could be going wrong?

In xml file present bug on 13 line. Need to remove.
This superfluous line leads to impossibility to install the given plug-in.

I'm not getting any results with the latest version just downloaded a moment ago...

Currently running XF 1.1.0 (have not yet upgraded to 1.1.1)

Previous version was working for me. Hmm.

Works 100% with 1.0.3 and Xenforo 1.1.0 :) Thank you!

Just one question. Im looking at putting this into other bits of my forum not just the Spy page but it seems to whenever I load the page load a bunch of the old updates. Is there any way to make it only load the new ones when the user starts viewing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom