• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Digital Point Spy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure... is there something unique about that forum? Were the missing things done in the last hour (by a person, not an import)?

Yep. Had about 20 posts in various forums over the time that intro thread was posted. The only one that showed was the post in the intro forum.

Would be awesome if someone could add this to xenporta. If someone could make a block with this addon please pm me. Would be so awesome :D

Great addon, love it :)

Thanks for the complement DigitalPoint, could you guide me so that this can onlybe viewed by certain groups of users, both for the tab and for the page.

Sorry for my English, I am using a translator.

Greetings.

I understand what that tells me DigitalPoint, my intention is that the guests, members unconfirmed and users newly registered can not use the spy or see.

Thanks and regards.

Very great add-on !! I can translate this to Spanish Language to post only translation files on XenFacil (Spanish Community for XenForo) ?

I understand what that tells me DigitalPoint, my intention is that the guests, members unconfirmed and users newly registered can not use the spy or see.

Thanks and regards.
It's not possible, sorry.

Very great add-on !! I can translate this to Spanish Language to post only translation files on XenFacil (Spanish Community for XenForo) ?
Sure as long as the code isn't changed.

DigP I looked at the link to your forum and THIS function is most impressive.
However every time I changed page the overlay jumped out asking me about taking advertising even though I'd clicked Not interested. This is very annoying. If I were an ordinary user I'd flee.
Couldn't the Not interested click be more transferable? Maybe return after a minimum time period like 5 mins? and not come back a third time till next visit.

.. and there should be a horizontal line betweeen each of the events.
do this and it will fix that:
Actually, I got it squared away... if you change what was originally "height: 50px", to "width:100%", it seems to work...

Code:
.discussionListItems .itemWrapper {
display: none;
width: 100%;
}
Had to do with jQuery temporarily making the block an inline-block when it calculates the height, which gave it a width of 0, so everything was way to big vertically... forcing it out to 100% width works (even while in inline-block mode).

DigP I looked at the link to your forum and THIS function is most impressive.
However every time I changed page the overlay jumped out asking me about taking advertising even though I'd clicked Not interested. This is very annoying. If I were an ordinary user I'd flee.
Couldn't the Not interested click be more transferable? Maybe return after a minimum time period like 5 mins? and not come back a third time till next visit.
I suspect an ordinary user has cookies enabled. :) If you have cookies enabled, it will never show more than once a week. Also, for users logged in, it NEVER shows.

Ultimately if a user disables cookies (for whatever reason), and they aren't logged into a user account, there's really no way to know if they've seen it recently or not (I don't want to show it to a user every time a new session is created, because that's obnoxious).

I just double checked the code and tested it, and it appears to be working as expected... if you have a cookie named "dyk" (stands for "did you know") assigned for "*.digitalpoint.com", it won't show it. If it *does* show it, it sets the "dyk" cookie with a 7 day expiration.

It seems the word "Event" is hardcoded in the header.
Where? I'm showing it coming from the phrase system.
.. and there should be a horizontal line betweeen each of the events.
Yeah, it's a CSS issue relating to entries that have multiple lines. It's been fixed in the dev version... I suppose I should push out the update... maybe I'll do that later today.

Not sure why that would be to be honest... are you doing some sort of caching with the page? I just triple checked the spy_index template, and it *is* coming from the phrase system... Beyond that, why the phrase system would be giving you the wrong phrase, I'm not sure.

Are you using templates saved as PHP files? Maybe the compiled templates need to somehow be rebuilt?

The conflict is in the xml file Add on Installation

At line 25 approx

<phrase title="event" version_id="0" version_string="1.0.0"><![CDATA[Event]]></phrase>

At line 108 approx

<dd class="event"><a><span>{xen: phrase Event}</span></a></dd>
The conflict is reported in red, one is in uppercase and one lowercase.

Change one or the other to solve it.

Greetings.

I uploaded version 1.0.1... it includes all the little things that was discussed in this thread. Just cleaning things up via CSS mostly.

Would the spy be able to tap into events added to the recent_events automatically, or would that require additional coding somehow?

Reason I ask is that we're currently testing an update to our MediaWiki bridge that is able to add events to the recent activity stream. I'm just wondering if the Spy would be able to display them too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom