Digital Point Search

Digital Point Search [Paid] 2.0.0

No permission to buy ($150.00)
Regarding this:

• The MySQL variable group_concat_max_len affects how many characters of conversations are indexed for search. By default this is set to 1024. You may want to increase this value in your /etc/my.cnf file (we have it set to 102400 here).
Does it have any performance issues or make the ES index massively bigger or anything?

Just FYI -
Regarding this:

• The MySQL variable group_concat_max_len affects how many characters of conversations are indexed for search. By default this is set to 1024. You may want to increase this value in your /etc/my.cnf file (we have it set to 102400 here).
Does it have any performance issues or make the ES index massively bigger or anything?
Nah, there is no performance issue and will take SLIGHTLY more space in ES vs. not, but at the end of the day, if you want to be able to search for something, those keywords need to be in ES, so...

Was just worried it'd triple the size of my index or something. Cheers
Not unless you have a whole lot of very long conversations. If everything else is equal (the same number of posts and the posts are the same number of bytes), it would take the same amount of ES "storage" to index 100 conversations that it does to index 100 threads.

Would it be hard to put in the date thingy (search before or range on posts)? I ask because I would gladly contribute to the cause - although I doubt it's enough to move the ball far.....

Would it be hard to put in the date thingy (search before or range on posts)? I ask because I would gladly contribute to the cause - although I doubt it's enough to move the ball far.....
Honestly don't really see that happening. It would be a pretty large amount of work since you would need to change the core of how XF search works internally.

Is there any chance of adding an option to display search results in a manner similar to forum display?
The snippets take up too much space and clutter the search results.

Indeed. IMHO search results should look the same as 'new posts'
Doubt you will see this addon do something like that since you really are talking about core functionality of XenForo (display of search results).

I suppose you could make a few template edits to make them hide the descriptions and utilize jQuery Tools' Tooltip thing (which XenForo uses in some places like on the forum home for forum descriptions): http://jquerytools.org/demos/tooltip/index.html

As a side note, it honestly seems a bit of a step back as far as functionality goes to hide search result descriptions unless you mouse over them. Imagine how annoying Google would be if you had to do that.

As a side note, it honestly seems a bit of a step back as far as functionality goes to hide search result descriptions unless you mouse over them. Imagine how annoying Google would be if you had to do that.
I'm not sure where you see relevant search result descriptions? Its just showing the first 138 characters, no matter if its relevant to your search or not. If you search only titles then the thread text is not really relevant.
It would be useful if it would show relevant search content in the snippet.
For example: if I search xenforo.com threads for 'digitalpoint' then only 5 out of 20 snippets have 'digitalpoint' in it. The rest of the snippets does not display useful data. Yet, it takes up half of the search result page. How functional is that?

Actually it does return the text relevant to the search when it can (not the beginning of the post necessarily). Search for "Shawn" here for example and the first few results includes posts that aren't the beginning of the post in the snippet.

So, I'm running xCache, and when I set the config.php to automatic_serialization = true, then I get set serious errrors

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: unserialize() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given - library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php:117
Generated By: Unknown Account, 13 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'unserialize() e...', '/home/control/p...', 117, Array)
#1 /home/control/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php(117): unserialize(Array)
#2 /home/control/public_html/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php(144): XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->getMulti(Array)
#3 /home/control/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(127): XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData()
#4 /home/control/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(42) "http://www.controlbooth.com/threads/13125/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Oh, you probably have the wrong data type in your existing cache when you change it. What if you change it to true, and then flush your cache (easiest way would be to restart the PHP process... php-fpm if you use it that way)?

I've unserialize() error after enabling automatic_serialization in config file, how to rebuild cache? I've restarted the apache server and also restarted the server and the error still exist? I believe that restrting the apache server itself will restart php processes?

Note: I'm not using Digital Point Search add-on, I just need help fixing this issue.

Top Bottom