Digital Point Ad Positioning

Digital Point Ad Positioning 1.3.0b

No permission to download
@digitalpoint I'm hoping you'll kindly help me.

I've used this plugin for years for Adsense and it's worked a charm, a vital addition to my forum. Thank you.

I'm currently trying to migrate my ads to DFP - however, whenever I place DFP ad units like so;

View attachment 150303

The ad unit then shows at the very bottom left of the page like so;

View attachment 150304

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? :(
Without being able to see a live URL, not sure. My guess is that it's some CSS issue.

Without being able to see a live URL, not sure. My guess is that it's some CSS issue.

Thanks for the quick reply. It is here [edit]link removed

Though it's currently showing adsense as I can't get DFP to position correctly.

Remove the comment code entirely and see if it works as expected ie: pull this:

Code:
 <!-- comment code -->

Thanks @woody - no luck unfortunately.

Last edited:
I want to exclude members with a x amount of posts without making a separate user group.

I tried to ad this but not working -> <xen:if is="!{$visitor.message_count} > x">

There isn't a way to add logic to the HTML if that's what you are trying to do. It's just straight HTML, no XF tags or replacement variables in play there.

I got this error today (php 7.1)

Code:
TypeError: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_User::isMemberOfUserGroup() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/bodyforum/public_html/library/DigitalPointAdPositioning/ViewPublic/Thread/View.php on line 41 - library/XenForo/Model/User.php:1707
Gegenereerd Door: Onbekend Account, Vandaag om 05:46

Stack Trace
#0 /home/bodyforum/public_html/library/DigitalPointAdPositioning/ViewPublic/Thread/View.php(41): XenForo_Model_User->isMemberOfUserGroup(NULL, Array)
#1 /home/bodyforum/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(229): DigitalPointAdPositioning_ViewPublic_Thread_View->renderHtml()
#2 /home/bodyforum/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(71): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('DigitalPointAdP...', 'Html', Array, 'thread_view')
#3 /home/bodyforum/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(624): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, 'thread_view', NULL)
#4 /home/bodyforum/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(176): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#5 /home/bodyforum/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

Aanvraagstatus
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(152) "index.php?topics/log-2010.243595/page-5999999.1%20union%20select%20unhex(hex(version()))%20--%20and%201%3D1"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["topics/log-2010_243595/page-5999999_1_union_select_unhex(hex(version()))_--_and_1=1"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Last edited:
Not sure off the top of my head what would be going on there, but did you see the URL being requested? Someone doing some silliness trying to see if your site is exploitable with SQL injection.

Just to emphasis how important this is/was.

The "active view viewable" stats for the last read position are 70% compared to values between 20-50% for other adverts (even having an ad position at the top of the page only gets 50% for active view viewable).

Is there a way to use the "suppress adsense" option to also remove other ads on the same page outside of your addon? Such as within PAGE_CONTAINER or the Footer template?

Is there a way to use the "suppress adsense" option to also remove other ads on the same page outside of your addon? Such as within PAGE_CONTAINER or the Footer template?
Would take a little coding by the addon developer that is placing those ads, but I don't see why not it wouldn't be possible.

Hi @digitalpoint - dude by any chance you plan to bring this out for XF 2. I recently upgraded and I am missing the functionality of inserting ads between paragraphs in a post.

In case you don't have plans for a XF2 release, can you please guide me to insert ads within a post after first paragraph, second paragraph and so on. Thanks!

Top Bottom