didn't know where to post this

Tholek

i wanna start a new forum but my friend still has the forums uploaded on his server and his not deleting it can I still use Xenforo forum on another domain.

i wanna start a new forum but my friend still has the forums uploaded on his server and his not deleting it can I still use Xenforo forum on another domain.
If you are talking about asking if you can use the same install package as he did - then no. Each domain has to have a separate license for it. You could have him transfer the license over to you and then you could use it. But then he would have to delete it off his, which it sounds like he does not want to do.

One of the hazards of letting someone have the script if you have purchased it.
What was the agreement when you purchased it to install it? Did several people put money in together and to purchase it? There are several questions that would have to be answered that has a bearing on what you can do.

If you were the ONLY person that put the money forward you should have some recourse.
Do you not have access to that server? If not, notify the hosting company that he no longer has the right to use that script and it's now being pirated since you are no longer authorizing his use of it. They should either take the site offline or tell him to remove the script and to go to something else to use. Of course, if he has backups he can simply go to another hosting provider and set it back up, but then he's in a piracy setting and that can be reported to the XF staff and they can take care of it.

Tracy how do i go about reseting the domain so it doesn't display the previous domain?
Just go into your customer account settings and change it there.
https://xenforo.com/customers/ and sign in and then choose Edit License Details

Screen-Shot-2018-07-17-at-5.38.38-PM.webpScreen Shot 2018-07-17 at 5.38.49 PM.webp

Also, hopefully you have NOT shared your login details with this individual as they can then turn around and do the same thing. Not to mention that sharing those login details are also somewhat of a no-no as far as the licensing goes. That's what the 3 additional associated user accounts are for (forum access to ask questions and download add-ons).

Top Bottom