Did you leave GoDaddy?

Did you leave GoDaddy?

• Total voters
Tell me about it The Dark Wizard! :ROFLMAO:

I can't believe how confusing GoDaddy's whole system is. So much clutter and it's literally everywhere no matter where you go...
And every other click delivers a pitch to buy something else. That's what they thrive on.

1&1 can be quite good or dreadful depending on your point of view. I've had mostly good experiences with them, but the only service I use from now is free, their GMX email service.
I utilize a cloud server through them, along with all our domains.

In the 1 3/4 years I've had the server, it's only been down 2-3 times.

Actually it seems they are offering their shared system now as cloud. They used to offer an Apple Xserve-based cloud system, but after the Xserve died, that service vanished. Can you clarify the nature of the service?

Whoops! My bad. I thought you were using GoDaddy. Sorry! OK, yes, I'm aware of the 1&1 offering, but they limit bandwidth to 2TB, but have gone unlimited for dedicated. At least that's an improvement.

Whoops! My bad. I thought you were using GoDaddy. Sorry! OK, yes, I'm aware of the 1&1 offering, but they limit bandwidth to 2GB, but have gone unlimited for dedicated. At least that's an improvement.
All the 1&1 clouds servers have 2TB aka 2000GB of bandwidth.

Please take a look at the sites linked to my signature for the reason.

I host two nationally syndicated weekly radio shows, and we have all the archives on our site, hundreds of episodes, since we have a global audience. Our bandwidth usage would be even higher if not for the fact that the network makes available podcast versions of the shows too, but only for a few weeks. Those who want the full repository come directly to us.

I left GoDaddy a year and change ago and ended up with NameCheap. I have been very satisfied with their service and prompted a lot of my clients to move to NameCheap so as to take advantage of their recent transfer offer. I can safely say that I am 'responsible' for 25 domains moving from GoDaddy to NameCheap :)

Please take a look at the sites linked to my signature for the reason..
Sorry I have sigs disabled as it just fills up the page with (IMO) pointless filler.
I host two nationally syndicated weekly radio shows, and we have all the archives on our site, hundreds of episodes, since we have a global audience. Our bandwidth usage would be even higher if not for the fact that the network makes available podcast versions of the shows too, but only for a few weeks. Those who want the full repository come directly to us.
Makes sense. (y)

I'm actually glad the network shares the load. But we also have a gigabit port, so downloads are quite fast and we can support lots of users. Didn't think it would make a whole lot of difference, but it did.

I left GoDaddy a year and change ago and ended up with NameCheap. I have been very satisfied with their service and prompted a lot of my clients to move to NameCheap so as to take advantage of their recent transfer offer. I can safely say that I am 'responsible' for 25 domains moving from GoDaddy to NameCheap :)
I've tried several registrars other than GoDaddy and I know the people at Namecheap. It's a good company.

And every other click delivers a pitch to buy something else. That's what they thrive on.

Indeed
A friend of mine who used to work on sales, said they try and pitch everything to you, because they make no money on domains, so have to make it up in other areas
Would explain the mess of a website and constant "Omg amazing offer just for you!" stuff when you checkout heh

Top Bottom