Writing Before Registering - Did you see an increase for registrations/posts/activity? Poll included!

Did you see an increase for registrations/posts/activity after enabling this feature?

• - | No, in fact, I've seen a decrease and I disabled the feature.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • + | Yes, I have seen a slight increase in posts.

• + | Yes, I have seen a slight increase in activity overall.

• +++ | Yes, I have seen a huge increase in posts.

• +++ | Yes, I have seen a huge increase in registrations.

• +++ | Yes, I have seen a huge increase in activity overall.

• Total voters
I will test this feature when I am on 2.2. So, I can't speak from experience yet.
(Just for the record for anyone reading) When this feature is active with default permissions the unregistered see a text box at the bottom of a thread. There is nothing there to indicate they still must register for their post to be published. Then after they compose their post and hit "submit," they get this:

writeregister.jpg

If I were to use this I would put a phrase in, explaining the feature, inside the text box (Where by default it says "Write your reply"). To let them know they still need to register for their post to be published.

Reactions: sbj
If I were to use this I would put a phrase in, explaining the feature, inside the text box (Where by default it says "Write your reply"). To let them know they still need to register for their post to be published.
So functionality wouldn't mean anything anymore! you might as well tell them to register before posting.
The current functionality plays on the element of surprise after you write your post, which is what some, me first, criticize. it is a not very elegant way to encourage registration ...

plays on the element of surprise
Wonder how many folks would call it "surprise" vs how many of them would call it dishonest, a lie of omission. I would tell them what they're getting into before letting them take their time investing in making a post. The functionality isn't changed at all, I'm just adding transparency to it.

Pretty sure the OP wasn't trying to invite debate on the merits of the feature, so I apologize.

I've had no complaints so far with it and I would have expected our target audience to do so if they weren't happy about it

I've had no complaints so far with it and I would have expected our target audience to do so if they weren't happy about it
If the target audience did not appreciate the functionality and therefore did not take the registration step, I do not see how they could have complained about it.

??

Contact page, Facebook Group, email, phone, even pen & paper, various ways to contact or vent an opinion.

Plus membership is still growing with no noticeable drops or slow down.

The question was: "Did you see an increase for registrations/posts/activity after enabling this feature"

I answered: "I've had no complaints so far with it and I would have expected our target audience to do so if they weren't happy about it"

You queried that: quote"I do not see how they could have complained about it."

I answered: "Contact page, Facebook Group, email, phone, even pen & paper, various ways to contact or vent an opinion. "

...it's not a Spanish inquisition, get over it, we have no issue with increasing memberships using it.

We know that dolphins save people because we hear stories from those who have been pushed by dolphins toward the shore.
Unfortunately, we can't hear stories from those who have been pushed by dolphins away from the shore.
Those stories could change the picture. )

Guys, I am all for side discussions but the current direction is not welcomed.
If you have a problem with this feature, use the official thread of the feature to complain about.

I am solely asking if people saw an increase or not. Debating if the feature is "fair" or not, is of course a valid side discussion but should remain a side question and not turn this thread into a debate.

Thanks. Keep voting!

It sounds like Xenforo needs a statistic visible somewhere that tells us when these types of registrations occur.

I just enabled it a couple days ago. Think it will help some of those who didn't realize they weren't logged in.
That raises an interesting question. If a non-logged in member replies to a thread and then logs in, does his post remain? or does he lose it since he's noit registering as a new member after the post?

I enabled this feature istantly basically, just to monitor an eventual improvement in registrations and interactions. We saw a slight improvement, nothing too big, 5 to 10 more users registrations monthly.

Top Bottom