• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Development questions

Is it possible to develop the following additions to the forum software?

* Filter a thread by the original poster so that only their posts are visible - many of our users aren't interested in seeing replies and only want the core content
* Create new entities with new attributes, files that can be categorised, searched, version controlled and edited by privileged users. Almost like a wiki that can be integrated with the forum.
* Keep post edit history so that if a user edits their post the history can be viewed unless removed by a privileged user

I expect none of this will exist already but my question is does the Xenforo development API allow for these types of modifications.

Tracy Perry

Can a single history entry be deleted/modified/hidden to certain user groups?
I don't believe to certain user groups. Mods and Admins can view the edit history but users cannot.
To allow that would most likely require development of an add-on, but why try to make a Wiki out of a forum when there are good wiki scripts out there for that?

feldon30

If users can edit their own edit history (which is supposed to be an audit trail for that user), it kinda defeats the purpose. But maybe you have a special need to allow users to access this ability.

If users can edit their own edit history (which is supposed to be an audit trail for that user), it kinda defeats the purpose. But maybe you have a special need to allow users to access this ability.
I was just thinking admins, super mods, mods. I want edits to be public unless a user requests them to be deleted.