• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Detect if Forum/Home Page is selected?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to do something only if it's forum page !! (some CSS)
i'm using this code but it's not working !!

Code:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'forum_list'">
 blablabla
<xen:else />
blablabla
</xen:if>
I also tried using : " <xen:if is="{$tabs.forums.selected}"> " instead but it's not working !!

Can you please tell me how to do it ??

NB : I tried these based on the answears here : https://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-detect-if-the-home-page-is-selected.45208/

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
You can't use conditional statements in CSS templates.

You would have to edit the template and add the class or CSS that way, or style the element using a specific selector.

If you can explain what you are trying to change, it may be possible using EXTRA.css.

You can't use conditional statements in CSS templates.

You would have to edit the template and add the class or CSS that way, or style the element using a specific selector.

If you can explain what you are trying to change, it may be possible using EXTRA.css.
I even tried to do it in the template node_forum_level_2 but still it's like this conditions is wrong !
is there a way to check the page ?? for exemple if we are in the main page ?

Russ

What exactly are you trying to achieve? All of the content (not the header/footer) is wrapped in a div which has a unique class. The forum_list for instance:

Code:
<div id="content" class="forum_list">
So you can use CSS to target things specific to that page, .forum_list .sidebar h3 { blah blah}

Daniel Hood

You can see if template variables are included (and what the value is) in a template by doing {xen:helper dump, $var}. Though, there may be a better solution like @Russ said if you tell us what you're shooting for.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? All of the content (not the header/footer) is wrapped in a div which has a unique class. The forum_list for instance:

Code:
<div id="content" class="forum_list">
So you can use CSS to target things specific to that page, .forum_list .sidebar h3 { blah blah}
Thanks Bro ;) works as charm !