Destiny - The Taken King

TPerry

Alright... maybe they finally figured out more content/quests were what people wanted. I'm having a blast playing it.

I'm not a fan of some of the changes but overall it's not too bad.

Currently 40/245 :D

Warlock 40/256
Hunter 39/196
Titan 37/181

Warlock is my favorite... but I DO like the Titans flaming hammer! I'm working on Titan now to get it to 40 and then my Hunter. The Warlocks lightning bolts are pretty sweet also.

Yes, being retired I do have a lot of spare time to play.. :p

Don't like the fact that if you want to hit the new level cap you have to buy it. Also not liking that there's no option on the Xbox store to just buy the DLC, it seems to be only available in a bundle with the game + first two expansions...which I already own. Don't particularly want to buy the game a second time...

Don't like the fact that if you want to hit the new level cap you have to buy it. Also not liking that there's no option on the Xbox store to just buy the DLC, it seems to be only available in a bundle with the game + first two expansions...which I already own. Don't particularly want to buy the game a second time...

Welcome to most MMO games. Also I don't understand that either. PS Store lets you just buy the TTK game by itself.

GameStop had a deal going where you could turn your old game in and get something like $20 or so for it and use it towards the new one. Had a bunch of games I wasn't playing any more around here and the new Destiny ended up costing me 23 cents.

Welcome to most MMO games. Also I don't understand that either. PS Store lets you just buy the TTK game by itself.

Fair point, most MMOs do eventually head down this route, it's just unfortunate.

After a lot of searching, someone pointed me in the direction of the standalone DLC through the Xbox store. It was pretty well hidden! I wound up purchasing it by itself rather than having to purchase everything all over again in a bundle, so that was a relief!

GameStop had a deal going where you could turn your old game in and get something like $20 or so for it and use it towards the new one. Had a bunch of games I wasn't playing any more around here and the new Destiny ended up costing me 23 cents.

I thought about doing that, but I had some money saved up in Best Buy rewards certificates, so I took those and bought a $50 XBL card and purchased the standalone DLC (when I finally found it), so not having to fork over 'real' money was a nice surprise!

Top Bottom