1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design Capability(s)?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by admaxDMK, Mar 20, 2015.

1. admaxDMK

admaxDMK New Member

(follow-up to call)

This may be a dumb pre-sale question, but because we are mostly familiar with vB and not xF, we need to look before we leap with customer development money --

1. Am I assuming correctly that it is relatively easy to add custom header, menu, and footer to xF to match customer's website? I say relatively easy for reasonably experienced designer?

2. Where do I find the needed hosting specs?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Styling is fairly simple, you can try for yourself with an online demo: Admin Demo
    Many third party styles have customised header and footer - the amount of customisation will depend on how much work is required.

The server requirements are listed on this page: https://xenforo.com/purchase/

3. admaxDMK

admaxDMK New Member

Thanks for jumping right in, Brogan.

I don't want/need to try the demo - I'm not a designer/developer - I just need to know that my qualified coder should have little to no problem dupilicating and installing custom header/menu/footer cloned from customer's WordPress site.

I'm not qualified to discuss technical issues like CSS, etc., but I would definitely take your word on this.

We might at a later date consider using a WP to xF bridge ... BUT all I care about now is that we should have little to no problem matching header and footer to this WP, here - http://stilettosontheglassceiling.com/

4. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

He should have absolutely no problem doing so.

5. admaxDMK

admaxDMK New Member

Thanks, both!

I have a trailing question -->

Is it better to install xF to subdomain or just to /folder?
    Does it matter performance or tech issues wise? Any pros/cons?

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's entirely personal preference.

7. admaxDMK

admaxDMK New Member

Great, thanks!
    Anyone else, sub vs folder?

8. Da Bookie Mon

Da Bookie Mon Formerly The Forum Heroes

Really no pro or cons to it. As Brogan said, really just personal preference.

9. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

But if you do install it in a subfolder, don't install it in /forum or /forums, as you will have a double /forums/forum or forums/forums/ listed in the URL by default (unless you use the routes). Use /community/ or something like that.