1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design Capability(s)?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by admaxDMK, Mar 20, 2015.

1. admaxDMK

admaxDMK New Member

(follow-up to call)

This may be a dumb pre-sale question, but because we are mostly familiar with vB and not xF, we need to look before we leap with customer development money --

1. Am I assuming correctly that it is relatively easy to add custom header, menu, and footer to xF to match customer's website? I say relatively easy for reasonably experienced designer?

2. Where do I find the needed hosting specs?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Styling is fairly simple, you can try for yourself with an online demo: Admin Demo
    Many third party styles have customised header and footer - the amount of customisation will depend on how much work is required.

The server requirements are listed on this page: https://xenforo.com/purchase/

3. admaxDMK

admaxDMK New Member

Thanks for jumping right in, Brogan.

I don't want/need to try the demo - I'm not a designer/developer - I just need to know that my qualified coder should have little to no problem dupilicating and installing custom header/menu/footer cloned from customer's WordPress site.

I'm not qualified to discuss technical issues like CSS, etc., but I would definitely take your word on this.

We might at a later date consider using a WP to xF bridge ... BUT all I care about now is that we should have little to no problem matching header and footer to this WP, here - http://stilettosontheglassceiling.com/

4. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

He should have absolutely no problem doing so.

5. admaxDMK

admaxDMK New Member

Thanks, both!

I have a trailing question -->

Is it better to install xF to subdomain or just to /folder?
    Does it matter performance or tech issues wise? Any pros/cons?

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's entirely personal preference.

7. admaxDMK

admaxDMK New Member

Great, thanks!
    Anyone else, sub vs folder?

8. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Really no pro or cons to it. As Brogan said, really just personal preference.

9. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

But if you do install it in a subfolder, don't install it in /forum or /forums, as you will have a double /forums/forum or forums/forums/ listed in the URL by default (unless you use the routes). Use /community/ or something like that.