1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demo installation

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Mr Lucky, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

I am very keen to migrate from vbulletin, I tried the demo here, but it only worked for about 15 minutes before I got an error when clicking back from the admin cp to the front end:

Is it possible to get a fully working version that I can try out on my own server and test a migration from vbulletin?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The only demo available is the online version.

If you want to test it on your own server/localhost, you will have to purchase a license.
  3. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Sounds as if you've altered some permissions, and revoked/denied your account access to view the forums?
  4. Mr Lucky

Oh, I just thought the demo had expired.

I altered only permissions for registered usergroup, not admin.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you send a ticket in via the contact us link below with your demo link, I can check the permissions.
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The admin is a registered user as well. :)
  7. Mr Lucky

Fair enough, but is it possible to get a refund if it isn't suitable, or the migration from vbulletin doesn't work?
  8. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Doubtful.. but there are several other forums that you can sell your license at and odds are it would be snapped up. Of course, you won't recoup the full price and there is a time limit before you can transfer the license.
  9. Mr Lucky

Ah well that sounds good, I would buy a licenece happily though from the T & C it seems there is no guarantee that I would be able to transfer the licence nor is there any published timescale:

10. Ashley

Ashley Business Guy Staff Member

There is every reason to think that your migration will be successful.
    As mentioned, open a ticket... :)
  11. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Just a few discussions about selling them... and it's 121 days your good to go if you decide you don't like it. Second purchaser cannot transfer/sell it.
    I've got a feeling though once you get exposed to it you'll be hooked (I have 3 now and am waiting to buy 3 more - but I've got a new motorcycle I gotta get tricked out).
  12. Mr Lucky

Aha, I missed that bit in the agreement.

OK, well I just pulled the trigger and am installing.
    Liam W, ManagerJosh and Tracy Perry like this.