Fixed Deleting Image instead of link it

mauzao9

Hello.

I already asked if this was a bug/reported but ended up ignored several times, then i am reporting this as a bug, at least this was possible in TinyMCE.

Simply i can't link any image:
- Add the image to the post
- Select the Image, click insert/edit link
- Write the URL, Ok
- It deletes my image and only adds the Url as Text

If I do this in firefox instead of replace it generates this BBCODE with the url inside the img code:
Code:
[IMG]http://www.google.com[/IMG]

Also is it "As Designed" that we can't select one image with one click like in TinyMCE without need to select it like we do with text?

Last edited:
If I'm reading this correctly, you are adding an image to a post and then wanting to link the image to a website?

How are you adding an image to a post? Is it an uploaded image or one from another site?

After clicking on the inserted image, are you clicking on the link button and not the image button to insert the hyperlink?

What version of Firefox are you using? What platform and OS are you on?

Have you tried using another browser to see if the problem is replicated?

If I'm reading this correctly, you are adding an image to a post and then wanting to link the image to a website?

How are you adding an image to a post? Is it an uploaded image or one from another site?

After clicking on the inserted image, are you clicking on the link button and not the image button to insert the hyperlink?

What version of Firefox are you using? What platform and OS are you on?

Have you tried using another browser to see if the problem is replicated?

Yes, add the image into the post, and then linking it to a site.
Several ways: - Dragging my avatar in the editor corner into the editor and try to link it, using the image button then paste the url and uploading.

After select the image i use the Insert / edit link function, yes.

Latest of Chrome, and the v22 of Firefox, Win7. It happens in both (only that firefox as i posted generates that strange bbcode), i tested with IE and i can select the image, but it still replaces the image with the url after try to use the link function.

Far I know there is no other way in to link one image to a website in the rich text editor.

I'm on Windows 7 and don't have this problem with the latest Chrome and Firefox.

Do you have any other add-ons on your site that might affect the functionality of the editor?

It happens here on XenForo.com.

The behaviour is different from TinyMCE in that images could be highlighted and linked to a URL.

It happens here on XenForo.com.

The behaviour is different from TinyMCE in that images could be highlighted and linked to a URL.

Ah, I hadn't realised it was on here!

Isn't this behaviour then a bug or at least a flaw in the implementation of Redactor?

There will be times when people want to insert an image and then link that image to a website. A prime example is in sigs - many users on gaming forums use sig images that display a summary of the gamer stats and these are then linked back to the site, usually to a page with more detailed stats.

Not being able to link to pics in this way (which is a standard way of doing so in other editors and in software too) means that people are going to have to faff around switching to the BBCode editor to add the code there.

Yes it's indeed happening in this 1.2 implementation.

About this, I don't see it as the redactor behavior as far i saw in their examples they support it, but yes as a flaw in its implementation in Xenforo as @Martok said and a feature missing.

In our community, link images to urls is common in some areas where most topics do use such function and in user signatures. From the moment 1.2 is live in our site i know people will ask about this if it isn't there. :(

Mike can at least use the Redactor function itself tweaked, like double click image opens the menu to change its SRC and link it to url.

Last edited:
the-very-best-of-the-success-kid-meme.webp

Thank you @Mike :)
It's working nicely with the same 1-click select that makes it easier, also nice to see link/unlink got separate buttons instead of that menu.

Top Bottom